• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jeans

Devon_Lad

Anyone else have any issues with getting jeans to fit them? Im chubby not fat- or big-boned as I call it and rather short in the leg, but nothing seems to fit.

Being the fashionista that I am I like to get the Levi's in but most pairs of them ive seen recently have been **** and the sizings don't seem right. Ive tried slumming it with a high street brand of jean but my reputation doesn't allow me to be seen in denim-based garments without the red tag hanging out the back, so I reverted back to my Levis with a hole in the crotch. I don't like the skin tight ones because my leg fat becomes apparent but anything too baggy makes me look like a ****, a short **** at that. Should I be looking at slim fit? Straight leg always seem a bit to 'flare-like'? Why can't it be easy?

Can't be bothered with the hassle of sending online purchases back in the post so I have about £450 worth of ill fitting Levi and high street brand jeans clogging up my shoebox sized bedroom.

This and my slipper conundrum has become the bane of my life.

Ashford Grecian

Cosco do strech jeans that stretch everywhere, amazing!!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two things: go on a diet you lard and if stuff don't fit don't keep buying it. Oh, a third, fashionista or not, there are brands besides Levi, they are not the last word in denim.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me, a good fit isn't a problem, However, rear patch pockets that are either too big or halfway down the back of your legs are a no-no. Weird design stitching on the pockets are a turn-off as well.

You can't go wrong with a pair of Dickies relaxed fit carpenter jeans. Not expensive but will last a lifetime and there's the bonus of wearing a label that people will instantly recognise as quality.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I never wear jeans, even in my slim days my chunky thighs rendered wearing the things very difficult.

See my above post, Jason. Roy Parsons at our bridge club had a similar complaint having misinterpreted the Charles Atlas dynamic tension programme as a youngster but he slips into a pair of Dickies without a struggle.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have the opposite problem to Laddo.
Being a lanky bar-steward I need 34 waist and 34 LEG.....unless I really hunt around most basic, 'non-trendy' off-the-shelf jeans seem to stop at 32 (or at best 33) leg. At this time of year chilly ankles are not really desired.

ECFC KARL

To be quite honest Devon_Lad has always struck me as the kind of lad in tracksuit bottoms and a bottle of white lightning kind of guy

contrabombarde

On the same theme I never seem to be able to get a 30" leg in trousers or jeans. The 31s are over my shoes and the 29s are up to my ankles. To make matters worse I have a long back and so I look like a giant sitting in my car but when I open the door and swing my legs round they barely reach the ground.
My wife says that I am a giant dwarf.