• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jason Matthews

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
What were they like then?:S
Two white rectangular structures at each end of the pitch usually consisting of 3 poles and a net. :p

Philecfc

I remember it so well. Great day out great result. It was I think the only time the 3rd round was played before christmas Anyone have any idea why? The reply was about a week before christmas and I remember all the coaches (17 I think) meeting up just of the motorway and all going in together. Great night for the first 86 minutes then the one goal that did us.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two white rectangular structures at each end of the pitch usually consisting of 3 poles and a net. :p
Certainly wasn't any small white round objects in those constructions, it was 0:0.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He had an unnatural game v Everton, and we done alright up there as well, late goal doing us. What Cup footy is made of..good thing ITV didn't cover it, they'd have gone to a break each time he saved a certain goal.

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly wasn't any small white round objects in those constructions, it was 0:0.
Are we still allowed to do those woooosh things on here, or is that soooo 2010? :p

grecianred

was it him or potter that ensured shrewsbury's continued league status that season with an awful performance in our last home game? if it wasn't it was certainly matthews who made that error at home to bristol city in the autowindscreens area final wasn't it?

stuay

because of that performance i ended up (quite clearly) on match of the day ballboying behind the goal, would be good to see the highlights again

BarBar

His post match interview on MOTD was brilliant he said when he went on he was 'shaking like a leaf like'

I got him to write and sign that quote on a bar slip from the old Metzo bar, was out drinking with paul buckle amongst others... back in the days when city players could get drunk without being grassed up on exeweb ;)