• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window Ins Outs And Rumours

logman

Even if Matt was interested in Nichols, it's very probable that the latter's salary demands would be too great, although that would depend on if any other club was interested in him, I suppose.
Or Bristol Rovers agree to pay up his contract so that he can sign for a lower wage until the end of the season. It's how the system works.

Boyo

Or Bristol Rovers agree to pay up his contract so that he can sign for a lower wage until the end of the season. It's how the system works.
There's zero benefit to Rovers of paying up his contract. Maybe they'll offer him a lump sum to terminate his contract which would give him the opportunity to get some game time elsewhere. There's a benefit to Rovers then.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
That would be very good of Rovers to do that

Red Devon

RD. With respect, I think you're barking up the wrong tree about Fisher. He's the natural replacement for Bowman if the latter is injured. He hasn"t done so bad considering his limited opportunities and he knows the club, of course. Would be a luxury we can't afford to bring in another striker, I think.

Agree with what you say on Fisher with the limited opportunities he’s had....deep down I don’t think the end product is there with him though.

logman

There's zero benefit to Rovers of paying up his contract. Maybe they'll offer him a lump sum to terminate his contract which would give him the opportunity to get some game time elsewhere. There's a benefit to Rovers then.
That's exactly what I meant and the first £35k is tax free to the player so there is always a deal to be done. That's exactly how Danny Coles and Matt Gill left Rovers for City.

logman

That would be very good of Rovers to do that
It wouldn't be the first time.

IndoMike

It wouldn't be the first time.
OK.

ryancooper327

MT confirms we were close to signing someone. Also confirms Richardson and Randall (who stays with us for now) will fight for the LWB role until a replacement is found.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
They could have given us a clue as to who!

ryancooper327

They could have given us a clue as to who!
Thought that! Guess it doesn’t really matter now! Still hoping for Koiki.