• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January 2019 Points Prediction Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I did not take the goal margin in to account. Rightly or wrongly, I just added up the total goals in each correctly forecasted result. No chocolate digestives here either.

If it's done by goal margin we have a different winner. If City had won 5-4 today then a 1-0 prediction would have a closer margin than a 5-3 prediction?

But then again I'm surprised the presiding officer is allowed to enter the competition in the first place and would have thought anyone who found themselves in such a predicament would automatically withdraw their entry to save themselves from any embarrassment and to preserve the integrity of the game......
It's just a bit of fun ! My initial comment was purely in jest ! (facepalm)

Stelios

It's just a bit of fun ! My initial comment was purely in jest ! (facepalm)
Yes I realised that! I was trying to play along too. My comments were meant to just be a bit of fun too and said purely in jest too.

ecfc70

So close.....we're all winners surely

IndoMike

Indo kicks the door open and announces the result:

Alistair : 2 correct results - no goals out
Credy Crecian : 2 correct results - 2 goals out
ecfc70 : 2 correct results - 1 goal out
JJ : 1 correct result
Stelios : 2 correct results - 1 goal out

I hereby declare Alistair as the winner, free of bias or self-interest.

Alistair20000

Indo kicks the door open and announces the result:

Alistair : 2 correct results - no goals out
Credy Crecian : 2 correct results - 2 goals out
ecfc70 : 2 correct results - 1 goal out
JJ : 1 correct result
Stelios : 2 correct results - 1 goal out

I hereby declare Alistair as the winner, free of bias or self-interest.
This is consistent with the Tie Break Committee's previous application of the goals element of the tie break. Nevertheless, The Great One has been invited to hand down an opinion and that is awaited. Or he may just tell me to fook off of course. :)

IndoMike

This is consistent with the Tie Break Committee's previous application of the goals element of the tie break. Nevertheless, The Great One has been invited to hand down an opinion and that is awaited. Or he may just tell me to fook off of course. :)
He just sent me a message...He told me to tell you to fook off..
Bleddy Stroudy....

Just joking of course ; trying to bring some light humour to this controversial and divisive issue

Alistair20000

I expect The Great One is cosily tucked up in bed after his Tartex on toast supper and a steaming mug of Rooibos. :)

He may still tell me to fook off mind.

IndoMike

I expect The Great One is cosily tucked up in bed after his Tartex on toast supper and a steaming mug of Rooibos. :)

He may still tell me to fook off mind.
Since my (unofficial) decision is based purely on fact and the ensuing logical conclusion, I feel sure Stroudy will wholeheartedly agree with me (....or tell me to fook off)

StroudGrecian

OK fellas, I'm still recovering from celebrating a City goal and Stroud Vegan Fair happening on the same day yesterday, but I'm onto it.

*prepares spreadsheet*

Last edited:

IndoMike

OK fellas, I'm still recovering from celebrating a City goal and Stroud Vegan Fair happening on the same day yesterday, but I'm onto it.

*prepares spreadsheet*
Take your time : I wanna see his Alistairness suffer (devil)