• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Reid to Torquay.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Unused sub today as the Turks crashed and burned in another second leg(rofl)

If he ain't getting on the pitch on loan he is either not ready fitness wise, not good enough or Hargreaves is a Numpty as well.

malcolms

Unused sub today as the Turks crashed and burned in another second leg(rofl)

If he ain't getting on the pitch on loan he is either not ready fitness wise, not good enough or Hargreaves is a Numpty as well.
Surely we could have inserted a "must play" option in the loan deal. He'll learn as much sitting in the stand a SJP as he will on the bench at Torquay.......

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
He just as well play for the rest of the month as torquay's season is even deader than ours now.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely we could have inserted a "must play" option in the loan deal. He'll learn as much sitting in the stand a SJP as he will on the bench at Torquay.......
TBH I'm surprised you even think that sort of thing happens, buying or taking a player on loan any manager worth his salt wouldn't agree to it.

GrecianWonder

TBH I'm surprised you even think that sort of thing happens, buying or taking a player on loan any manager worth his salt wouldn't agree to it.
And thats why Tis is reluctant to loan lots of young players.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I was under the impression a "must play" clause was often inserted into loan deals - otherwise what's the point in the loaning club loaning the player?

I may be completely wrong, but I seem to recall something like this in place for one or two of our loan signings in the recent past (e.g. Jake Taylor)?

denzil

And thats why Tis is reluctant to loan lots of young players.
But isn't the idea of signing a loan player to temporarily benefit your first team without signing them permanently ?? If a player is signed to sit on the bench then (as Basil would say) "What is the point?"

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
But isn't the idea of signing a loan player to temporarily benefit your first team without signing them permanently ?? If a player is signed to sit on the bench then (as Basil would say) "What is the point?"
Perhaps to provide cover in positions where your first choice players are available but the back-ups aren't?

E.g. Torquay may have to sign a keeper to warm the bench now their regular bench warmer has decided he'd rather sell cars.

LOG

We had a player on loan a few season ago where, i'm led to believe, there was something in the agreement that said he had to play a part in the game if he was available and if he didn't there was some sort of financial penalty (this wasn't Jake Taylor btw). It became a bit of a problem as he wasn't very good.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We had a player on loan a few season ago where, i'm lead to believe, there was something in the agreement that said he had to play a part in the game if he was available and if he didn't there was some sort of financial penalty (this wasn't Jake Taylor btw). It became a bit of a problem as he wasn't very good.
Whichelow, if I'm not mistaken.