• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Mackie

R

RegSupp1

The lad will go on to bigger and better things than us i am sure of, He will chase a car if asked, Yes he doesnt get his head up at times but has improved in recent games with that. He can beat a player with ease which TBH i dont think anyone else upfront can do.

He has more fight in his little finger than Stansfield does in his whole body, You never see Mackie dipping out of challengers unlike Stansfield who prefers to run along side someone rather than tackle them and even though his shooting is not his best attribute atleast he puts his foot behind the ball where as Mr 'Wonderful' Stansfield is like a wet fish infront of goal. Did Stansfield not miss 2 sitters last night because of this reason? Had he not noly scored 1 goal this season when he is supposed to be the 20 Goal a Season Striker?

Mackie for me everytime over Stansfield. I want someone who will put there foot in when its needed and someone who can beat a player and someone who if given the chance as an out an out striker will score more goals than Stansfield.

I do however agree that when he gets in the box he needs to learn when to go down and when to stay up but its because of his honesty and his willing to score/set up a chance that he stays on his feet.

Thats my view but really dont understand why some fans would rather have a player that looks frightend to one that will always give 110%! [ecfc]

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
At Least Stansfield Gets IN The Positions... Once Agian I Thought Stansfield Was Good [&&] Mackie Poor But That Is My Personal View.

R

RegSupp1

At Least Stansfield Gets IN The Positions... Once Agian I Thought Stansfield Was Good [&&] Mackie Poor But That Is My Personal View.
Whats the point in getting in the Positions if he is not going to take the chances? If we had lost 2-1 last night i personally would have looked back to when Stansfield missed an easy chance from 6 Yards out when he only had the Keeper to beat but he wouldnt have even had that chance had Mackie not set him up.

Im not saying that Mackie had a good game last night as i dont think he did or on Saturday but he is a menace to any defence which i dont believe Stansfield is.

tallone

OK Jamie didnt have the best of matches last night. But I have seen a distinct improvement in him this season, he may not always make the right decision (who does at this level) but he now seems to be far more decisive to me... whether it is to shoot, or to try to lay the ball off to someone else.
I have never been sure about Stansfield to be honest, but I think that has more to do with my expectations of him being the 20 goal a season striker, something many thought he would bring to the team, and on that score he has been a bit of a let down IMO. Having said that, I recon he does bring something to the team and I personally would rather have the goals coming from several players as opposed to just one. If you have a 20 goal a season striker, they are invariably snapped up when the next transfer window opens

ChallinorisaGOD

Whats the point in getting in the Positions if he is not going to take the chances? If we had lost 2-1 last night i personally would have looked back to when Stansfield missed an easy chance from 6 Yards out when he only had the Keeper to beat but he wouldnt have even had that chance had Mackie not set him up.

Im not saying that Mackie had a good game last night as i dont think he did or on Saturday but he is a menace to any defence which i dont believe Stansfield is.
Well Said Reg I totally agree. Stansfield and Mackie have both been equally poor....1 goal in seven for Stanno who some of his 'fans' (who'll say he played well whatever he does!) said he'd get 20 for us this season.

Had we not got a point last night the blame would have been laid squarely at Adam's feet......4 chances and he fluffed each one is simply not good enough and he hasn't done much all season, it IMO is as much his fault we didn't get the three points last night as anyone else.

He gets into good positions but until he scores I'm afraid he's not good enough to be starting upfront, no matter how many goals he has supposedly been involved with (not direct assists you understand, just touched the ball in the build up to the goal!)

By the way IMO Mackie doesn't look like scoring either and I'd be dropping both of them but if one has to go then it'd be Mackie just some Stansfield lovers need to wake up to the fact he is not been good.....yet.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Said Reg I totally agree. Stansfield and Mackie have both been equally poor....1 goal in seven for Stanno who some of his 'fans' (who'll say he played well whatever he does!) said he'd get 20 for us this season.

Had we not got a point last night the blame would have been laid squarely at Adam's feet......4 chances and he fluffed each one is simply not good enough and he hasn't done much all season, it IMO is as much his fault we didn't get the three points last night as anyone else.

He gets into good positions but until he scores I'm afraid he's not good enough to be starting upfront, no matter how many goals he has supposedly been involved with (not direct assists you understand, just touched the ball in the build up to the goal!)

By the way IMO Mackie doesn't look like scoring either and I'd be dropping both of them but if one has to go then it'd be Mackie just some Stansfield lovers need to wake up to the fact he is not been good.....yet.

But The Point Im Trying To Make Is That He's Been Involved In Half Our Goals. Where Would We Be Without Him? What Has Mackie Done? Lost The Ball A Few (many) Times? Missed An Open Goal?. I Think [&&] Hope You Can Admit Stansfield Has Had A Bigger Influence On The Team This Season, Compared To Mackie.

ChallinorisaGOD

But The Point Im Trying To Make Is That He's Been Involved In Half Our Goals. Where Would We Be Without Him? What Has Mackie Done? Lost The Ball A Few (many) Times? Missed An Open Goal?. I Think [&&] Hope You Can Admit Stansfield Has Had A Bigger Influence On The Team This Season, Compared To Mackie.
He has a bigger influence on the team than Mackie this season yes, hence why I said if it was a choice between the two of them I'd drop Mackie.

But that doesn't mean Stansfiled has been good by any stretch of the imagination. If you compare him to the person we saw at the end of last season running defences ragged then you'll surely realise he's only playing to a tiny proportion of his potential.

As I have said numerous times I'd drop them both and play Basham and Logan with Elam allowed to roam anywhere behind them with Mackie & Stanno coming on for the last few minutes if needed.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stansfield, Mackie, Banjo, Barn Doors

My god (was Flack) do we need a goalscorer.

i_m

ChallinorisaGOD

Succinclty put I_M. They both can't score for toffee.

4 chances in a game and no goals by any strikers standard is not good enough.

Yorkie

His heart and soul are in it to win it BUT the finishing lacks, Jamie needs to have more confidence so maybe as a winger he could build on it. he is def a city player BUT WHERE?[ecfc]