• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Mackie goes to QPR

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Not quite true mate, but I know what you mean. I think Exeweb is divided between those who think that a strikers job is to score goals, that's all that matters, thats what they get judged on, and those who will really work for the team, close down, chase, harry, run channels, and who, as Colin said when he signed Mackie "chase a paper bag in the wind".

Jake Taylor is a good example if this for me. I thought he was brilliant against Oldham, really worked his nuts off for the team but never looked like scoring. Defenders hate playing against those strikers.

Incidentally, I think your right about Jamie getting 4 in the Prem. :)
you made a career from that ;)

Red the Paper

Banned
Mackie or Taarabt... Mackie for me. Taarabt looks out of his depth in the Premiership and will be lucky to score 3 times this season. A good championsip player but nothing more. Mackie has energy and makes a difference. His involvement against Spurs got QPR back in a game they were likely to lose 5 or 6 nil.

Willy Nilly

Indeed. Stanno is a great example of that. He didn't score hatfuls but his effort led to goals a plenty.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not quite true mate, but I know what you mean. I think Exeweb is divided between those who think that a strikers job is to score goals, that's all that matters, thats what they get judged on, and those who will really work for the team, close down, chase, harry, run channels, and who, as Colin said when he signed Mackie "chase a paper bag in the wind".

Jake Taylor is a good example if this for me. I thought he was brilliant against Oldham, really worked his nuts off for the team but never looked like scoring. Defenders hate playing against those strikers.

Incidentally, I think your right about Jamie getting 4 in the Prem. :)
A strikers job is to score goals which Jamie can't do to a high enough degree to be classed as a striker. However, your description of him is a fair enough one for a forward. Having played and watched the game, at whatever level, for God knows how many years I would have though you might have been able to tell the difference between the the two by now.

Looked like he played well today on the MOTD highlights!

Ian_Woodward

Quality player with a great attitude, don't know why so many seem to dislike him. Can't blame him for going to Plymouth while we were in the conference and they were in the Championship.

jase 07

Mackie or Taarabt... Mackie for me. Taarabt looks out of his depth in the Premiership and will be lucky to score 3 times this season. A good championsip player but nothing more. Mackie has energy and makes a difference. His involvement against Spurs got QPR back in a game they were likely to lose 5 or 6 nil.
Mackie for me as well, Taarabt is a big time charlie whose ego is bigger than his talent.

Mackie for me as well, Taarabt is a big time charlie whose ego is bigger than his talent.
But Taraabt has 5 star skill on FIFA..

jase 07

But Taraabt has 5 star skill on FIFA..
He has 5 star skill on the pitch at times as well but he has more off days than on days and his overall contribution certainly isn't 5 star.

DJH2005

Looked like he played well today on the MOTD highlights!
I thought he did very little different today than he used to do for us. Lots of huff-puff and energy, but never going to get through many banjos.