• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Norwoos vs Charlie Austin

Littlebreeder

According to comments in the Swindon Advertiser, one of the Town fans was sat next to Colin Calderwood and was told he was looking at a City player, the Town fan believes that he was actually looking at Austin but who knows.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood, only scored load for forest green and then hasnt really done anything special anywhere else.
Precisely is this just Austin's season, and how much input does Paynter have in his goals, like Fleetwood who had a strike partner at FGR, but when split up what happened?

Ian Sideman

According to comments in the Swindon Advertiser, one of the Town fans was sat next to Colin Calderwood and was told he was looking at a City player, the Town fan believes that he was actually looking at Austin but who knows.
My mate was sat next to Stuart Pearce and believes he was actually looking at texts from his wife. Interesting.

HP.

pitty

There is no way stuart pearce can be looking at a player in league 1 to take the place of gabby agbonglahor, carroll, that other villa guy, etc. but he must be there for a reason?

If you look at the stats austins goals only tend to come with paytner next to him.

We arent goal machines so playing norwood would in my opinion not be to much benefit, we need players behind feeding strikers constantly and allowing them to have 2/3 good chances a game.

Living in gloucestershire my knowledge of fleetwood at fgr was long ball, he ran on and scored. The pace at the back in the conf isnt great.

?

If you look at the stats austins goals only tend to come with paytner next to him.
I know I' m coming across as a founder member of the Charlie Austin fan club but my brother has supported Swindon for forty years and knows more about them than is healthy and he is convinced Austin has the potential to be something special. Also :

1. Not surprising that most of Austin's goals come with Paynter next to him as they tend to start most games together.

2. Austin got winners at Hartlepool and Southampton recently when Paynter wasn' t playing

2. Surely it works both ways ? i.e Paynter benefits from Austin playing as well.

I think that's it from me on this topic.

pitty

Yes my friends go home and away to swindon games....doesnt really matter what he does from now. back to the start of the topic, i dont think norwood is going to have the affect austin had.

for goals we should look at prem clubs who wanna get their youngsters out, thats where you find the best crop of these players, im sure theres loads that would come play for exeter next season on loan. just up to tisdale to send faxes to every single team asking them.

dommers

However, I think he might be abit over-hyped on here which could affect him.
Surely not. An over the top reaction from fans. That would never happen!!!

Lobster Claw

Not quite sure about Norwood, only seen him in a couple league games a couple reserve games so won't cast any judgements yet.

However, I think he might be abit over-hyped on here which could affect him. Not sure where all the fuss is coming from or whether it is just because he is 'paid for' by the fans etc.

I think he is a raw talent who could develop into a decent player but think it ia too early to expect things from him yet.
Im glad you posted those comments!!! It is quite clear to me that Norwood enjoys a clear bias towards him just because some fans pay his wages!!!

Grecian1987

Im glad you posted those comments!!! It is quite clear to me that Norwood enjoys a clear bias towards him just because some fans pay his wages!!!
In what way is it clear?

I didn't see Norwood at Leeds, which seems to be the performance people are getting excited about. I see the raw ability, but he's still miles away from the first team (although I could see him in for the last game if we're safe, but that's a different matter).

Ian_Woodward

Hope to see him given a run in pre season next year or if we secure safety with a game or 2 to go it would do no harm to start him in those games. Can't wait to see what he turns out like.