• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Dunne

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
For me Dunne is quality, all action, end to end, tough with a good touch and a cracking shot.

He's always had promise but he's improved greatly since our coaching staff have found his best position and style. I would imagine that he was told to play the "Roy Keane role", which would have struck a note with him. He's going to progress, there's no doubt in my mind.

Harley did have his detractors but, again Tis and the team, brought to his skill and confidence on the ball a greater work ethic which saw him playing the ball earlier and finding openings quicker as well as tracking back and making tackles. He became a complete player and we were lucky to have him.

So perhaps our coaching staff can bring on one or two of our own youth players to reach the standards that we have acheived with these two. I hope so as it's our future.

Burvs

Looks like Chris Lines ex BR is first in the que been training with them all week in EXETER

mwallace

Well I just saw the city boys in Reading services and i'm pretty sure I saw dunne too.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone else think that Dunne is overated? Last season all I noticed him doing was going around kicking people, on the ball I thought he was quite poor. Figures of a £million plus are hillarious.
I don't know whether to take this post seriously and give it the dogs abuse it deserves or just avoid the woosh that it might be hunting.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Palace have signed Australian international midfielder Mile Jedinack on a free. Now much less likely JD will go there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14107174.stm

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Chris Lines ex BR is first in the que been training with them all week in EXETER
My thoughts as well, although Freedman may think you can never have enough midfielders. He is certainly having a good look at Lines, though.

GeraintJones

For me Dunne is quality, all action, end to end, tough with a good touch and a cracking shot.
All true, but on the ball he leaves alot to be desired. Simple passes can sometimes go astay and until he improves his short game he won't be going anywhere.