• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Coppinger Bid

Matt_hines

Doncaster have rejected a £300,000 bid from Ipswich for Coppinger. I think we have rights to 20% of his next move, although it looks unlikely Donny will let him go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/doncaster/9485089.stm

I've always thought we were unlucky with him, we let him go for next to nothing and I remember he nearly got a £2,000,000 move a few years ago which would have been a big pay-day for us. Lets hope we get something off him eventually.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doncaster have rejected a £300,000 bid from Ipswich for Coppinger. I think we have rights to 20% of his next move, although it looks unlikely Donny will let him go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/doncaster/9485089.stm

I've always thought we were unlucky with him, we let him go for next to nothing and I remember he nearly got a £2,000,000 move a few years ago which would have been a big pay-day for us. Lets hope we get something off him eventually.
He was out of contract when he lefted us so therefore we where told what we where accepting for him i think

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was out of contract when he lefted us so therefore we where told what we where accepting for him i think
I thought that we got a small sum from a tribunal.

Perhaps Ipswich will up their offer a bit...

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought it was £30k and 20% after. Anyway this was discussed (briefly) on the thread about ex-players making us money.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely remember a £30,000 fee being quoted at the time. No idea about add-ons, though.

Gin Trap

I'm lead to believe that we do have an add on in the deal, I remember reading it in the echo around the time that he was leaving us.

He's a quality player but I reckon if he's to move then it will be soon as age is catching up on him into his 30's now I believe, and if he doesn't move then I reckon he'll see his career out at Rovers until they feel he's no use for them and could walk on a free.

He only recently signed a new deal for them, hopefully Ipswich or a bigger team will come in and offer Doncaster abit more money than 300k for him and we may get our sell on clause, could take abit of money though as Coppinger is reguarded as an important player for them.

Last edited:

denny

Jay you are right

exeips

Jam Doughnut

So we get 15%
ipswich will probably come back with a £500k bid = £75k for us.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps the Scummers should come in with a (0.7%) bid...

.....then it would be a case of "Copps & Robbers"