• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Berry

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the update Mark, it's really appreciated.

James can look to the post on here by Adam's mum as an example of players that come back from serious injury.

All the best to your lad. If it was my son, i honestly don't know how I would react.

Lammie.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Give him a big hug from us, Mark. That's if he still lets you give him big hugs... :)

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheers Mark, nice to know the lad's not too bad and that he could be back in action in less than 6 months!

Hopefully he's in good spirits and like I said, get him in the physio room at city.... although for a teenage lad, it may 'lengthen the recovery' ;)

But who could blame him :p

All the best James, no doubt everyone at City is behind you. Get well soon.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
also... is he really 15?

if he is (and i'm not saying he's not...), this is truly 100% shocking... christ, some people just don't know limits do they?

iocity_cityio

wishing you all the best james.
looking forward to seeing you play in the future.
chin up.

E

Exeburner

No.. he's actually 16, due to start college in September. So he's knocking on already :).
I also wanted to add a thankyou to the crowd at Crediton on Wednesday who despite the match being abandoned, waited around for over half an hour to clap James off the pitch.
Cheers
Mark

Antony Moxey

Thanks for the replies Mark. As Lammie says, if it had been my lad goodness knows how I'd have reacted too. Hopefully he'll have the perfect Christmas present of donning the red and white stripes again. It still makes me shudder to think of that challenge now. Best of luck to the lad, and has he seen this thread yet?

Jim Shepherd

Good to hear the prognosis is for a relatively speedy recovery. Get well soon James.

I don't know if it's been posted elsewhere but there's an interesting comment at the bottom of the Echo story too.

Credy player comment

crocks

Its a pity he didnt apologise himself....

Poultice

Thanks for that Burner, I hope you will be able to give us updates on James's speedy and full recovery.
Interesting comments from Scott ( Crediton Player ), I had the good fortune never to break anything too big of my own, I did though manage to do a couple legs, an arm, a collar bone and plenty of noses on other people. I can honestly say that the memory of the sound of the breaks themselves and the obvious discomfort of my victims played heavily on my mind for sometime afterwards. Even today serious injuries make me wince more than they should.
I hope this event has some effect on Ben Harris but I doubt it. During my long career in sport I knew some of the nicest people you could hope to meet who would turn into complete animals once they had walked onto the pitch, none of them could explain why.
Let's hope Harris has the common decency to apologise personally to James.