• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Richards

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought he did well last night, especially considering his age.

budegrecian

Thought he did well last night, especially considering his age.
Agree, he played well in a No.10 role , when I think his more natural position is as a 6. He has good physicality for one so young.
The important thing is to now get him signed up. If we do, I’m not sure what we do with him next season: use him as a squad player, or get him out on loan to somewhere like Yeovil in the NL, for 6 months to get him plenty of game time at a decent level, before recalling him.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree, he played well in a No.10 role , when I think his more natural position is as a 6. He has good physicality for one so young.
The important thing is to now get him signed up. If we do, I’m not sure what we do with him next season: use him as a squad player, or get him out on loan to somewhere like Yeovil in the NL, for 6 months to get him plenty of game time at a decent level, before recalling him.
I think he'll probably need a loan for regular football - he did well last night but so did Pedro when he made a couple of appearances last season but he's seemingly gone off the boil.

Plenty of time, he's 16.

Positive spin

He is presumably still in education which restricts his involvement hence why he has appeared in the last two games over the Easter holidays.
Seem to recall that Ampadu,s introduction into mens football was fitted in around his time at St Luke’s.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think he can sign a pro contract until he has 17 but he can do what Sonny Cox and Harry Lee did at a similar age and make a public commitment to sign one at the first opportunity. Would be nice to see a bit more of him in our first team before he inevitably gets snapped up by a bigger team.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I too thought he did very well last night - showed an ability to play further forward as a No 10. It's his composure on the ball that stands out. And if his snap shot had gone the other side of the post....

I liked the (pre-planned?) idea of him playing the first 45 minutes and would be happy to see that repeated on Saturday.

PS the thread title needs changing...

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Nice to see the lad play , and as GC said he's giving time to the future players and squad

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly he’s deserved his chance but GC is also being savvy in playing him now.

Firstly, it’ll hopefully give him and his family confidence that his initial longterm future lies with us, so come his 17th bday, he’ll sign a pro. And secondly, should he decide to move on, the more he’s played in the first team, the bigger the compensation.

Pleased he’s slotted in well. He looked bright on Saturday. It’s exciting that we could potentially see him, Pedro and Charlie Cummings being a big part of our midfield in the coming seasons.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly he’s deserved his chance but GC is also being savvy in playing him now.

Firstly, it’ll hopefully give him and his family confidence that his initial longterm future lies with us, so come his 17th bday, he’ll sign a pro. And secondly, should he decide to move on, the more he’s played in the first team, the bigger the compensation.

Pleased he’s slotted in well. He looked bright on Saturday. It’s exciting that we could potentially see him, Pedro and Charlie Cummings being a big part of our midfield in the coming seasons.
Another home grown midfield - What a prospect to savour ?
Up The Academy (again)

DawlishBouy

He is presumably still in education which restricts his involvement hence why he has appeared in the last two games over the Easter holidays.
Seem to recall that Ampadu,s introduction into mens football was fitted in around his time at St Luke’s.
He was named as one of the first year scholars at the start of the season so almost certainly not in full time education. He was born on 8th August 2007 which means he was one of the youngest in his school year and is the youngest in the first year scholar group at City. His fifth form (year 11) in secondary school was last year and he would have taken his GCSE’s last May/June.