• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Gosling

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good luck to him but personally I dont think he's good enough.

Glad we didn't sign him and will be surprised if he excels at Rovers
Apparently Marcus Stewart does.

Antony Moxey

Apparently Marcus Stewart does.
They're in the division below us aren't they?

Pete Martin (CTID)

So we're Luton and Cambridge last season.....and Mansfield amd Newport the season before that, weren't they?

Dubai Grecian

Based on last season's final table they're only a few places below us in the football pyramid....arguably more potential for success this coming season

Antony Moxey

So we're Luton and Cambridge last season.....and Mansfield amd Newport the season before that, weren't they?
Yes, and all four clubs have kept on every single player that they had on their books form when they were in the Conference.

GeraintJones

Good luck to Gosling. I suspect it could prove just as hard to get into their as it did ours though.

Question for those bemoaning this deal: What is it that you're upset about? The fact that we've released a local lad or do you really rate Gosling? I really can't remember being overly impressed with any of his appearances for us. Can anyone give an example of a game when he really pushed his case for a regular role? This is a guy who couldn't oust Davies from the side for two years. DAVIES FFS!

I'm happy to go with Tis' judgement on this one given that he has an excellent track record of judging youngsters potential - No released players are currently playing at a higher level than us I believe.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If you don't like Davies then why are you happy to go with Tisdale's judgement when he was the bloke who was picking Davies?

Grecian_Jay

Good luck to Gosling. I suspect it could prove just as hard to get into their as it did ours though.

Question for those bemoaning this deal: What is it that you're upset about? The fact that we've released a local lad or do you really rate Gosling? I really can't remember being overly impressed with any of his appearances for us. Can anyone give an example of a game when he really pushed his case for a regular role? This is a guy who couldn't oust Davies from the side for two years. DAVIES FFS!

I'm happy to go with Tis' judgement on this one given that he has an excellent track record of judging youngsters potential - No released players are currently playing at a higher level than us I believe.
What a ridiculous comment. Young players being released by Exeter City are hardly going to have their pick of clubs to impress. It's not exactly a hotbed of football down here is it.

Also look at his judgement of players coming in. Mcnish, Chamberlain, Orbestellar, coutnless loan signings etc.

I don't think I'm being harsh when I say Tisdale is the worst judge of a football player I've ever seen. *

*Looks forward to people mentioning Taylor & Harley.

GeraintJones

If you don't like Davies then why are you happy to go with Tisdale's judgement when he was the bloke who was picking Davies?
Because I think he has an excellent record with judging the young players. He doesn't have the same misguided loyalty towards them that he does with some senior pros like Russell, Stewart, Cozic, Tully etc

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Surprise surprise Gosling doesn't sign for a football league club - I don't understand what all the fuss is about - he played a handful of games and never set the world alight