• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jaden Brown signs on loan until the end of the season

ExeterCityLad

Interesting that the player said 'he chose' to come here. Wonder how many other clubs were also after him.

“I chose Exeter because there is an aim for the club in fighting for promotion. They are a few points off the play-offs at the moment and it is exciting times and the way they play as well I think it suits my game.”

Of course, he hasn't studied the table very well as we are only outside of the Play Offs on goal difference, and we also have a game in hand on some above us.

Last edited:

Red Monster

I wonder what Alex Hartridge thinks. I thought he had a decent debut vs. Grimsby.
He did have a good game,but he’ll be fine and will be seen more next season.
The main thing Matt rates him.

dontpassback

I wonder what Alex Hartridge thinks. I thought he had a decent debut vs. Grimsby.
His time will come,he looks a decent player and if it’s one thing that fills me with optimism about our football club,is the youth coming through and knowing they will be given opportunities to shine,other players have seen this and that is why they are happy to come down here (they might also have heard about the quality of the cream teas as well (rofl)

Temporarily Exiled

I'd imagine he might go back out on loan again now. He was recalled after a spate of first-team injuries, but we're looking pretty solid for cover as it stands right now.

Stelios

I was impressed by Hartridge. But he was caught out a few times too. I would have liked to see him have a run in the side because there is proper player there (I think) but obviously MT doesn't think he's ready.

Stelios

Jaden Brown
Tackles for fun...

Never a foul
With Jaden Brown...
Etc etc :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtTsky80XmQ

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
While Hartridge and the new boy are both nominally left backs I get the impression they are quite different players. Jaden looks like he is a more pacy attacking player who could play as a wing back whereas Alex's best position could be as the left of three centre-halves. If Matt Taylor does want to switch to 3 at the back there could well be room for both in the team, especially as it's unlikely that the thirty-somethings Moxey and Woodman are going to be fit to play every game for the rest of the season.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
While Hartridge and the new boy are both nominally left backs I get the impression they are quite different players. Jaden looks like he is a more pacy attacking player who could play as a wing back whereas Alex's best position could be as the left of three centre-halves. If Matt Taylor does want to switch to 3 at the back there could well be room for both in the team, especially as it's unlikely that the thirty-somethings Moxey and Woodman are going to be fit to play every game for the rest of the season.
If we play three at the back Moxey will be the left sided centre back with Brown as wing back. I don't see Hartridge getting much of a look in unless we pick up injuries.

Great to have some attacking full backs on our books.

Last edited:

Stelios

Yes. Also Hartridge did not strike me as a 'bomb up and down the wing' kind of full back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy 20th birthday to Jaden.