• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ivor pitching in

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
In relation to the OP, I never doubted that Ivor was a City fan.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regardless of what you say about ivor mistakes made i genuinely believe every decision he made was what he thought where in the best interest of Exeter City FC... this is another gesture to signify this!

rich13

Unless Dr Dave comes out with evidence to back his claim up, it sounds like a bitter jibe and is very unhelpful to all parties.

Jim Shepherd

Just before euphoria becomes unbridled, there is, I'm sorry to say, a lot more behind this 'gesture' than I can possibly mention in a post.
How can there be more to it? Pitch In is a Trust, not club, fundraising scheme. If there are any strings we should not accept it.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isn't it fair to say that the thread wouldn't be heading in any particular direction if DT hadn't made such a bizarre appearance? I mean, Poults hasn't even posted on it yet!
Well if I must.

Dr.T's post was quite obviously ill judged, the scope for mis-interpretation being apparent. I would guess that LBDN and EX4 are somewhat closer to the truth than the alarmists, don't get me wrong, I all for alarm where it is justified, but a donation from a proper City fan to the Trust ? There is no possible jeopardy in that, jeopardy lies waiting in the tall grass, not in Ivor's hands.

mumbo

Although the back story to Ivor's donation may be intriguing we're in danger of missing the point here.

Saturday's cheque handover was specifically designed, & timed, to give a boost to Pitch In following our mourning & fundraising for Adam's family.

Ivor's 20k has helped us reach the halfway point - important psychologically as it's all downhill from now on - no double meaning intended for the conspiracy theorists!

Some of us brought back Dacre Holloway's Grecian Goal fund raiser last season & made £750 for Pitch In.
This season we're already up to £275, thanks to all the goals the lads are scoring.

There's always room for more pledgers so please join us.
Just create a pledge, or more, eg £1 for every goal scored, £5 if Jonesy wears pink kit, 50p if a bird lands on the pitch during a game - it's up to you.
I'll keep track & ask for your pledge money in January & May next year.
It would be great to raise just 1 of those 75 thousands still outstanding.

Elaine Davis.
[email protected]

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe you are all missing the real message from Dr Dave?

Maybe what he was meaning is that this £20k donation is the start of bigger things and more money to come from Ivor..........?????

i_m

ralph

Maybe you are all missing the real message from Dr Dave?

Maybe what he was meaning is that this £20k donation is the start of bigger things and more money to come from Ivor..........?????

i_m

Dr Dave T.'s words are "sorry to say" ... Looks to me more like what LBDN suggests.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
as the pitch has already been paid for by playing budget then this has got to be good news as it's 20k now sitting back in the budget to be used in jan or next summer or on a loan.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dr Dave T.'s words are "sorry to say" ... Looks to me more like what LBDN suggests.
good point - well made

i_m