• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ivor pitching in

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Egg, maybe you could enlighten us to what Dr Dave is talking about, as I'm sure you know just as much as him...........

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't that good of him :S
You tell me. My point is that if you're going to damn him for handing the club to Russell and Lewis then, logic dictates, you have to give him some praise for relinquishing control to the Trust. Comprendez?!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You tell me. My point is that if you're going to damn him for handing the club to Russell and Lewis then, logic dictates, you have to give him some praise for relinquishing control to the Trust. Comprendez?!
Don't patronise me. Maybe out of guilt. Comprendez???

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't patronise me. Maybe out of guilt. Comprendez???
Clearly, he f*cked up letting Russell & Lewis anywhere near St James's Park. We're agreed on that. All I'm saying is that, be that as it may, you have to give the guy at least a bit of credit for then relinquishing control to the Trust. Don't you?!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly, he f*cked up letting Russell & Lewis anywhere near St James's Park. We're agreed on that. All I'm saying is that, be that as it may, you have to give the guy at least a bit of credit for then relinquishing control to the Trust. Don't you?!
So what is Dr Dave implying, please enlighten us.........

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what is Dr Dave implying, please enlighten us.........
I think Dr Dave, as opposed to me, is probably the right man to answer that question; I'm not a big one for innuendo.

Last edited:

DJH2005

Is probably right TBH, but also if I remember rightly during the R&L fiasco Ivor was having severe home troubles with the failing health of his wife, so I'd guess that was more of a priority to him, and he just wanted rid of ECFC so he could care for, and spend time with his family.

Nothing is ever quite so black and white as some would like to believe.

It's all history either way, and we're now in a much better place. Hopefully for all his failings, Ivor is able to say the same.

WXF

Nothing more except, that is, he also handed the club to the Trust. Maybe you forgot about that?!
EVENTUALLY and when in monetary terms his shares were quite literally worthless.

Last edited:

BarBar

Brilliant, on the day that on the pitch I feel we are really getting somewhere, Jamie clearly enjoying his goal, O' flynn quietung his critics (okay that was last week but poetic license) Tully, Troy et al really playing well, Nards scoring, Jonah playing (and kicking) well, Sercs proving he is the next Deano, and Ivor hands over 20k and what he's in the wrong??? If i continue to pay my £2 per month plus £16 per game and in 20 years I may have put half as much into the club finacially as Ivor has TODAY, but yeah lets slag him off for selling the club to R&L when chants of 'ivor out' were echoing around St James'

Thank you Ivor, clearly a guy who's blood is red and white

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brilliant, on the day that on the pitch I feel we are really getting somewhere, Jamie clearly enjoying his goal, O' flynn quietung his critics (okay that was last week but poetic license) Tully, Troy et al really playing well, Nards scoring, Jonah playing (and kicking) well, Sercs proving he is the next Deano, and Ivor hands over 20k and what he's in the wrong??? If i continue to pay my £2 per month plus £16 per game and in 20 years I may have put half as much into the club finacially as Ivor has TODAY, but yeah lets slag him off for selling the club to R&L when chants of 'ivor out' were echoing around St James'

Thank you Ivor, clearly a guy who's blood is red and white
I was clearly stating an opinion and wondering What Dr Dave meant, that is all.