• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

its a long old poke back from leeds with nothing to show

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry Beachey,

Must say that even I am become a bit weary of this thread and it's only enthusiastic aficionados like yourself that make it all worthwhile.

Just for you, Exeter beat Macclesfield (4:0) last season and remain 19 points clear.

Last edited:

On_The_Beach

Look at the tables
which tables? the league two that shows that you wouldn't have got auto promotion this season with your points tally?
or the league one which shows yourselves, Wycombe and Gillingham struggling to compete and fighting it out with the financial/Barnes-related disaster teams? Next seasons promoted teams will undoubtedly do better.

Red Monster

which tables? the league two that shows that you wouldn't have got auto promotion this season with your points tally?
or the league one which shows yourselves, Wycombe and Gillingham struggling to compete and fighting it out with the financial/Barnes-related disaster teams? Next seasons promoted teams will undoubtedly do better.
No next seasons promoted teams will struggle there's no doubt about that !!!

On_The_Beach

No next seasons promoted teams will struggle there's no doubt about that !!!
Bournemouth might, don't think the others will

Are you mad?

The tables would suggest that. The reality is the teams in the division this year are weaker than last year, hence the rise in points for many of the average teams

The season before when we were both non league MK Dons, Peterborough, Hereford and Stockport went up I would suggest Peterborough and MK Dons are far stronger than Notts County, Bournemouth have made an automatic promotion place when they are under an embargo and have 15 year olds playing for them and Darlo are worse than any team in the league for a long long time, yet you still seem to think the division is strong

With regard to your comment that next season the teams will do better, I couldn't disagree more Notts County are not financially secure, Rochdale have never been to this level as e know it and Bournemouth are, again, not financially secure. I would not Aldershot (Who I think will be promoted) will be pulling up any trees next season

Phil Sayers

OTB arguing the division was weaker last year may or may not be true. It would have some relevance if the Gulls were, say, 8th and on course to just miss out on the play-offs. However as they flirted with relegation for much of the season shirley not even he would deny that we were a much better outfit last time round than they have been this time?

On_The_Beach

Are you mad?

The tables would suggest that. The reality is the teams in the division this year are weaker than last year blah blah blah blah
we're comparing the uncomparable, which brings me back to the main subject of this thread: the whole concept of sturtz's thread is absolute b*ll*cks.

there it is, finally got there.

On_The_Beach

OTB arguing the division was weaker last year may or may not be true. It would have some relevance if the Gulls were, say, 8th and on course to just miss out on the play-offs. However as they flirted with relegation for much of the season shirley not even he would deny that we were a much better outfit last time round than they have been this time?
would never argue that we haven't had a disappointing season, but that's more down to our gung-ho style. It's sh*t or bust with Buckle and I for one quite like it.
You'll never see a Tisdale-style 8-1-1 formation with torquay.

Phil Sayers

and I for one quite like it.
Either I'm going to get whooshed or that was a very unfortunate turn of phrase you have just used! :D

More like like 118, which is where you will be looking for players next season