• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

It would seem...

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
You massively over estimate the crowd size rovers get.
Well only by 247 actually.

GasheadWes

...and yet they are planning to build a 20000 seater stadium.:-O
It is long overdue and desperately needed.

Bristol is a massive city and combined with the other places we draw our support from - Somerset, Gloucestershire, even South Wales etc... there is an obvious catchment area to draw that support from. Most clubs with new stadia like Hull and Swansea have also shown you usually get a dramatic increase in the level of support.

In the past few years we have demonstrated the potential support with about 37,000 gasheads watching the JPT Final in Cardiff, and 40,000 at Wembley to watch us win in the 2007 playoff final. independent co uk/sport/football/football-league/bristol-rovers-3-shrewsbury-1-walker-completes-rovers-joyous-run-450569.html

The club was also inundated with requests for tickets when we played WBA at the Mem in the FA Cup Quarter Final a couple of years back. The club could have sold over 30,000 tickets for that.

The potential is undoubtedly there and we used to get decent attendances back in the day (a long long time ago and before my time) and those supporters pass on their allegiance through the family. They may be 'dormant' support or whatever, but a nice new stadium could be the catalyst to tempt them back, or along to the club for the first time... Hopefully so.

Tonight i have been given some very promising and trustworthy info that there could be a new investor coming on board and that has helped pave the way for this new ground. All very exciting.

I hope you guys also get your redevelopment plans up and running because i like Exeter and believe you are also a club with untapped potential. Good luck with that. All the best...

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited: