• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

it might be bye bye completely for us gulls

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Or failing a high profile friendly, we could offer to play them.

Pobbop

Or failing a high profile friendly, we could offer to play them.
I know Richard you are just trying to do a bit of banter in Banter-base, but in the end what I meant by high-profile was Exeter and the Trust really getting behind a match between us two, with big promotion for it and giving the proceeds to Torquay.

In the end one reason I'll never understand some criticisms of our Trust is that without it we may not have a football club, and I remember staring down that barrel of that gun at least twice, and it was sick-making beyond belief. I wouldn't wish it on any true football supporter, your lifelong memories, perhaps your families, your communities memories wiped out in a stroke because a few ****s ran the club in an unrealistic way.

Any true football fan should shudder at the thought, so again I wish Torquay all the best, and if we can help I hope we will.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Yep I wouldn't be against that. It won't make the difference between surviving or not but we will need to arrange friendlies anyway and so no harm in making the gesture.

I think someone will take them over, but appreciate it doesn't feel so certain when it's your own team.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are playing Torquay away in pre season.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's hope this isn't true. Awful news. Devon needs three senior teams.
Torquay are definitely senior. Average age: ancient.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Best of luck to the Chipnickers, I hope something gets sorted

EXMADCITY

Bye bye Torquay

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

richard_portland

I see the shares have now been handed over to the club board. I don't think this was ever that likely to put them out of business.

tagz

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32913307

A consortium of 10 local businessmen have been given a period of exclusivity to try and take over Torquay United.
The group has until 4 June to strike a deal with the Conference club's current board of directors.