• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is this the end for our Green chums ? (Pt 2)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've no idea how much rent we pay to ECC but £135k a year (over £11k a month) seems quite steep? I guess the club wern't in a good negotiating position:D
That is fairly cheap for a stadium of that size.Cambridge United pay 240k pa.....I do not know how much the Grecians pay for SJP,but i expect its around the 80k mark..

Poultice

You are left with a club that owes £6m on a CVA,
Where did that figure come from ?

The 2.1 million owed to Lombard is part of the CVA so once they have accepted this payment from PCC they are out of PAFC's hair, what they will have to find is around 4 large to pay the football creditors and PandA over whatever period of time Brent has negotiated, in addition to funding the club, so not so much a hair cut as a bona fide scalping.

In their favour they do seem to be infinitely better at producing young talent than us, the boy Lecointe might well knock a bit of hole in that figure.

They are saved, but only for the time being, unless they can get a bit of Mo going they may well slip back into the mire and I can't see the Akkerless group spunking their fundage shortfall.

Mackster

I think its a great deal on the stadium and agree Brent has played a blinder. There was never going to be a fairytale ending for Argyle and this is the best outcome they could ever hope for. They have a club and an owner who seems to be realistic in what can be achieved.

Poultice

That is fairly cheap for a stadium of that size.Cambridge United pay 240k pa.....I do not know how much the Grecians pay for SJP,but i expect its around the 80k mark..
I believe we pay close to £60k which makes their deal comparable and a good'un compared to what they would get in a proper commercial deal.

Alistair20000

I think its a great deal on the stadium and agree Brent has played a blinder. There was never going to be a fairytale ending for Argyle and this is the best outcome they could ever hope for. They have a club and an owner who seems to be realistic in what can be achieved.
Football finance and realism. A most rare combination Mackster.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brent thinks it'll be done & dusted on Friday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15365885.stm

He has a little dig at the end -

"We're bottom of the Football League but we're still getting more people at home than Exeter and Torquay put together so the support base of Argyle is tremendous."

crocks

"We're bottom of the Football League but we're still getting more people at home than Exeter and Torquay put together so the support base of Argyle is tremendous."
It was Chris Webb who had the dig......

chunkymorrinmunter

nothing changes down at that sh*thole of a club, just think of all the small companies that are left out of pocket,while the suits rake it in.

Poultice

Come now JW, Shirley you can see by the way he has got the Porkscum, Webbed Feet and the rest of the arse lick clan sucking his d*ck that the man is as least as adept a bull sh*tter as the Riddler, they have helped him screw all the creditors and nick their club from under their noses, this little sop to their baser instincts costs him nothing, which is exactly what he has paid for their club.

In fact, according to Crocks, this was the Webbed Foot doing his dirty work for him still.

Last edited:
nothing changes down at that sh*thole of a club, just think of all the small companies that are left out of pocket,while the suits rake it in.
Did you think of the 'small companies' when Exeter City negiotiated CVA's in 1994 and in 2003?

No? Well you've made yourself look a bit silly with that post then, haven't you?