• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is this the end for our Green chums ? (Pt 2)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently the charges against Ridsdale relating to the Cardiff City season ticket fiasco has been dropped. Should re-name him "Teflon Man" Nothing sticks to that slimy tw*t!!!

chrisnaan

Apparently the charges against Ridsdale relating to the Cardiff City season ticket fiasco has been dropped. Should re-name him "Teflon Man" Nothing sticks to that slimy tw*t!!!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonline/cardiff-news/2011/09/27/former-cardiff-city-chairman-peter-ridsdale-cleared-in-golden-ticket-case-91466-29494498/

I like this Ridsdale quote:
I am proud of my contribution to this city and today walk way from the courts completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

andrew p long

Whatever the position in the case there is a disturbing history for Mr Ridsdale of saying one thing and the opposite happening (I'm on a walking holiday,I'm confident this deal will complete because its only the signatures that are needed,your season ticket money will be used to buy players)

he also has a disturbing habit of finding himself surrounded at clubs he runs by other people who are telling lies.

Best to avoid dealing with someone so consistently unfortunate.

STURTZ

If it happens with Peter Jones as chairman of Brent's board and Ridsdale out of the way I think that Plymouth have finally bottomed out and can start the slow road to recovery.

Not to say there might still be glitches and a lot depends on how ambitious Brent is, but this is the end of the beginning you might say.

Grecian Max

If it happens with Peter Jones as chairman of Brent's board and Ridsdale out of the way I think that Plymouth have finally bottomed out and can start the slow road to recovery.

Not to say there might still be glitches and a lot depends on how ambitious Brent is, but this is the end of the beginning you might say.
Yes, in terms of recovery. I think they'll stagnate badly though, Brent ain't a football fan and will be ultra-cautious.

Good times!

Alistair20000

Laughing aside I think a deal is done, they will survive under the Brent regime but they will be subject to a serious haircut which will place any promotion hopes on long term hold.
Serious haircut is a gross understatement.

My sauce who has seen the Brent draft budget for the Club has described it as a live scalping permitting survival at a sub species level.

Sounds appropriate to me.

Alistair20000

As I predicted here some weeks ago. They did not have the evidence.

Serious haircut is a gross understatement.

My sauce who has seen the Brent draft budget for the Club has described it as a live scalping permitting survival at a sub species level.
A bit like your trust ownership then.

Grecian Max

Be prepared to be a sh*t club in the Conference for longer than 5 years we had to endure. Shame, as I like the derby games, don't fancy waiting another 10 years for one, I'll be 34 +o(

Poultice

Certainly in terms of current revenue streams and costs, the difference would be in the servicing of the football creditor debt, Brenda's little windfall and those players still on Championship wages, although I suppose that would not be so many now.