• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Project 6000 and sustainability in L1 compatible with selling our "Gems"?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love the way people get all prickly when price rises are mentioned! Council tax, fuel, transport just about everything goes up each year with little comment. Ask for a couple of quid a match to keep the club on line with inflation and people huff, puff and grumble like Parisian whores on a slow night.😄
Out of curiosity, how do you know so much about Parisian whores?

STURTZ

I suppose it all depends on how you see next season panning out attendance wise. Will it be up there with this last season which, according to many would collapse as the football was so poor and boring but actually held up remarkably well. Usually second year promotion teams show a drop.
I think the increased attendances can now be taken as being a bit more permanent as long as we're league 1. I think we've got a brilliant management team and club and the nucleus of a team really capable of pushing for the play offs next season and should exploit this. There again I have gone down as a happy clapper!😁

Spoonz Red E

Out of curiosity, how do you know so much about Parisian whores?

Boyo

The values for each surrendered ticket would be variable.
e.g. an Adult season ticket resold as an U18 creates less value than an U12 surrendered ticket being resold as an Adult.

If we want to offer a reward for surrender I would propose a once a season solution somewhere along these lines:

If the Season Ticket holder lets the club know the ticket is not being used they can choose one of two options.

[1] City for All (donated ticket - no reward) or [2] Reward scheme*

*Reward scheme formula.

At the end of season calculate the overall monetary total received from re-sales under this option (pulled from the ticket system data).
A percentage of this could be used by the Club towards Academy, Women's Team, Disability teams etc leaving a total reward fund amount.
Divide by the total number of tickets returned under this option (pulled from the ticket system data).
This will give a unit reward amount.

For each individual season ticket holder multiply this unit reward amount by the number of tickets they have surrendered and offer this amount as a club voucher (against shop or future match-day spend).
If I'm understanding you correctly Spoonz, you are suggesting that an adult STH in the seats who misses one game would receive a voucher at the end of the season to the same value as a child STH on the Bank who has missed one game. That doesn't seem very fair to me, given the adult would have paid four times as much as the child for the initial ST.

My thoughts are that the credit should equal 50% of the value of each ticket returned. So if the average cost of the ticket for an adult BB ST is £14, then £7 should be returned as credit. If an U18 BB ST is £5 per match on average, then £2.50 should be the credit value.

tonykellowfan

Most fans cannot go to all games even if they have a season ticket. So attendence to a certain extent fluctuates by how many games each fan is able to get to. Obviously when a club is doing well people will go to more games as they want to see the team winning.

We don't necessarily have more fans now, but the fans are going to more games each.

iscalad

I couldn't attend the Stevenage match ( Wedding). I gave the club about 2 weeks notice via City4All. Imagine my surprise when on Good Friday, someone turned up with a ticket for my seat. Luckily he was good humoured about it.
Added to this my seat was empty for Stevenage.

Spoonz Red E

If I'm understanding you correctly Spoonz, you are suggesting that an adult STH in the seats who misses one game would receive a voucher at the end of the season to the same value as a child STH on the Bank who has missed one game. That doesn't seem very fair to me, given the adult would have paid four times as much as the child for the initial ST.

My thoughts are that the credit should equal 50% of the value of each ticket returned. So if the average cost of the ticket for an adult BB ST is £14, then £7 should be returned as credit. If an U18 BB ST is £5 per match on average, then £2.50 should be the credit value.
I can see the logic in that.
What doesn't work for me with this is that it's a refund irrespective of whether that particular ticket is resold.
It's particularly hard to track as regards to Big Bank tickets which is why I suggest a one-off calculation at season's end.

Spoonz Red E

Added to this my seat was empty for Stevenage.
Both caused by a single human error it would seem to me.
(Ticket for the wrong match returned to the fold).

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I personally think we have a "hardcore" of around 4,000-4,500 - perhaps a slight increase on the old days, recent years have brought in additional fans but they will drift unless the home offering is good as is the way in football

One thing I noticed from the photos of the Vale game was how unfamiliar a lot of the faces were - 5-10 years ago I would have recognised loads of faces

Natural cycle of fans I guess, I'm sure the ones not attending away are still City fans perhaps with different priorities

I see this as a good thing btw
Definitely a natural cycle.

I used to go to loads of away games from the age of probably 16-19.

I'm now 31 with a young family and do well to go to more than one away game a season. Once the little one has grown up I'll probably start going to more away games again.

I'd guess the majority of away fans are teens/early 20's and over 50's? Might be wrong.

iscalad

Both caused by a single human error it would seem to me.
(Ticket for the wrong match returned to the fold).
Indeed. Still...

In the unlikelihood that this happens next season, I won't let the club know so far in advance. :)