• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Project 6000 and sustainability in L1 compatible with selling our "Gems"?

Benguin

In my opinion it is all about small improvements within our budget just as is happening now. If we were to maintain a position in League 1 i would look at improving the away end with an all seated stand double the height. The footprint is big enough to support this with a slight taper towards the Doble. This would allow facilities to be placed underneath and for the larger away supports the revenue from say 1500 seated supporters would be great. I am sure the structure is in place to allow grounworks for a bigger stand and the entrance could be maintained with a large vomitory. (It has to be split at present because of the roof height of the Barnet stand. Obviuosly the stumbling block is where would the capital investment come from.

Out of interest Barnet replaced the stand they sent down to us with a nice all seated stand double the size.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
In my opinion it is all about small improvements within our budget just as is happening now. If we were to maintain a position in League 1 i would look at improving the away end with an all seated stand double the height. The footprint is big enough to support this with a slight taper towards the Doble. This would allow facilities to be placed underneath and for the larger away supports the revenue from say 1500 seated supporters would be great. I am sure the structure is in place to allow grounworks for a bigger stand and the entrance could be maintained with a large vomitory. (It has to be split at present because of the roof height of the Barnet stand. Obviuosly the stumbling block is where would the capital investment come from.

Out of interest Barnet replaced the stand they sent down to us with a nice all seated stand double the size.
I remember visiting Barnet and chatting to their Safety Manager about how good the away fan bar was. He said that their owner developed this first to get additional income from away fans to subsidise improvements to the home facilities.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember visiting Barnet and chatting to their Safety Manager about how good the away fan bar was. He said that their owner developed this first to get additional income from away fans to subsidise improvements to the home facilities.
Barnet's better for away fans than home ones

KentGrecian

Barnet have excellent facilities I remember being shooketh when we we walked into that away bar !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So far so good. Attractive football and winning will always help on this project.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
So far so good. Attractive football and winning will always help on this project.
It's really going well, Such a positive advert for the model, Let's just hope the vultures don't come swarming.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
As things are going it is feasible that the scum won't be our biggest gate of the season after having to allow for segregation.

Last night we were only a few hundred home fans off the last time we played them and it was mid week. Start filling in the gaps chaps we need more space

Boyo

As things are going it is feasible that the scum won't be our biggest gate of the season after having to allow for segregation.

Last night we were only a few hundred home fans off the last time we played them and it was mid week. Start filling in the gaps chaps we need more space
We desperately need more well positioned seats near the halfway line. When I went to the public consultation for the new Stagecoach stand I was told that the stand had been designed so it could be extended if necessary. What are those plans?

!luke!

I think the whole 'gap' area needs a rethink. the queuing for the big bank bar isn't too bad when we get 4k attendances, recently its been tricky to even get past the queue to the toilets its that busy there. They have started to do card payments rather than cash to speed things up but i think they just need more people to serve/beer pumps to solve the issue.
at least short term, could that storage area on the left of the big bank with the lawnmowers be changed to toilets and locate the storage area under one of the stands?
ideally would be great for it to be a concourse with short depth if necessary and the seating above.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We desperately need more well positioned seats near the halfway line. When I went to the public consultation for the new Stagecoach stand I was told that the stand had been designed so it could be extended if necessary. What are those plans?

This has been gone through over and over again on these pages and the answer is still the same, I'm afraid.

The SASS could be extended round the corner, though IMO this would only really be cost effective as part of a comprehensive redevelopment of the away end.

More halfway line seats - not going to happen. Extending towards the BB is not realistic because Network Rail wouldn't allow us to build over their land (the Jungle Path and railway embankment).

In the words of the late, great, Douglas Adams:

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”