• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it too late for the Trust to regain effective control of the Club?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
On a different point, I would be amazed/shocked if Tisdale is on a two year rolling contract particularly if its terms specifically entitle him to two years' salary upon termination. If this is the case, it demonstrates a hideous disregard for the club's financial position. And those responsible for the decision are clearly too enthrallled with the talents of Tisdale to make rational judgements. It just cannot be the case, surely?
Why not? It provides something of a safeguard against the vultures that loom in terms of securing a decent compensation agreement.

I'd suggest in terms of his job security that he would be safe in the job even were we to be relegated this season. Plus, I'd suggest his pride would ensure that were his position to become untenable he'd recognise this and fall on his sword before he were pushed.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I understand what you're saying RW but surly there came a point when you wanted to resign if you were getting concerned, I don't mean recently but in the past. I think people would have applauded you if it was a matter of principle for you, Rather than now, When it does look (And please don't think me being rude) a bitter person who is just flouncing
Strangely enough, since leaving the BOS, it gives me a greater freedom to say what I feel. Being in the position that I was has given a great insight into the workings of the Club. I am now trying to correct what I desperately see as wrong in the Club before Trust control goes tits up.

Edward

Why not? It provides something of a safeguard against the vultures that loom in terms of securing a decent compensation agreement.

I'd suggest in terms of his job security that he would be safe in the job even were we to be relegated this season. Plus, I'd suggest his pride would ensure that were his position to become untenable he'd recognise this and fall on his sword before he were pushed.
Compensation would only become a factor if Tisdale was wanted elsewhere.

The settlement payment, if it exists, could be a major issue if the club wanted to switch managers and Tisdale wasn't prepared to be quite as honourable as you suggest.

In any event, I still think it would be interesting to learn whether this two year rolling contract actually exists.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Compensation would only become a factor if Tisdale was wanted elsewhere.

The settlement payment, if it exists, could be a major issue if the club wanted to switch managers and Tisdale wasn't prepared to be quite as honourable as you suggest.

In any event, I still think it would be interesting to learn whether this two year rolling contract actually exists.
I'm pretty sure it does exist. I reckon also it doesn't add up to a hill of beans.

brooks

someone has got to get hold of the purse strings.we have too many highly paid indians,coaches,bum-boys taking money out of the club.

something needs to be done soon before we join our green & black rivals.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem is DB is that as a Bosser you are bound by both confidentiality and collective responsibility. For example, Northants Grecian is a current member of the Club Finance Group, and is well acquainted with the current financial information. Initially as a Bosser he started well with posting relevant financial information on here, but was soon brought into line and he had to refrain from posting on...................confidentiality and collective responsibility issues.

Wouldn't you agree Adam?
I wondered how long before my name was dragged into this ... am just gald you didnt hide it at the end of the OP as I would have missed it by then ...

I stopped posting here about finances for many reasons - the clubs reaction was a small part of it although of course "no-one at the club reads Exeweb".

The main reason was there have been times before when I have confirmed something on here only for people to post the exact opposite again and again - its a tide that cannot be controlled and I have given up trying to swim against it.

That being said our club is so compact that there is no need for me to post anything here - everyone seems to be able to quote a "source" at the club but I know that no-one will be able to quote me ... because I share it with the BoS in their meeting only.

Does the BoS need to improve its communication - absolutely

Is Exeweb part of this communication - absolutely

Should Club finances be posted on here - I would say not - and it wont by me

I'm sure the above will not be popular but I feel it is something that needs to be said...

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm pretty sure it does exist. I reckon also it doesn't add up to a hill of beans.
There was a rumour that PT has a clause that prevents the club from seeking compensation from an employer that he specifically wanted to work for. If this was the case, then the theory that the tail firmly wags the dog would be well past the prima facie stage.

Parklife

someone has got to get hold of the purse strings.we have too many highly paid indians,coaches,bum-boys taking money out of the club.something needs to be done soon before we join our green & black rivals.
Don't suppose you fancy explaining that, especially the "bum boys" bit?

jr1871

Even if RW is embittered, surely this information (I am taking him as playing fair and accurate) is better out on this domain rather than not? It paints a disturbing picture. If as bad as suggested, our manager is badly out of control (financially) and our main shareholders have little clue about the day to day management of the club most of us on here dug, and still dig deep to save...

Edward

I wondered how long before my name was dragged into this ... am just gald you didnt hide it at the end of the OP as I would have missed it by then ...

I stopped posting here about finances for many reasons - the clubs reaction was a small part of it although of course "no-one at the club reads Exeweb".

The main reason was there have been times before when I have confirmed something on here only for people to post the exact opposite again and again - its a tide that cannot be controlled and I have given up trying to swim against it.

That being said our club is so compact that there is no need for me to post anything here - everyone seems to be able to quote a "source" at the club but I know that no-one will be able to quote me ... because I share it with the BoS in their meeting only.

Does the BoS need to improve its communication - absolutely

Is Exeweb part of this communication - absolutely

Should Club finances be posted on here - I would say not - and it wont by me

I'm sure the above will not be popular but I feel it is something that needs to be said...
Thanks for the update.

At the 2009 Trust AGM, Denise Watts said the following:

Everything that happens at board meetings filters through to the Trustees on the Board of Society and thereon to yourselves. This is a vital link.

I have asked in the past and recived no response so I hope I will do a little better now.

Does the above 2009 statement remain the BOS position?

Sadly, your post seems to imply there is little chance that 'anything' will be shared rather than a certainty that 'everything' will be communicated to the rank-and-file Trust member.

If there has been a change of position, it would be useful to understand the underlying reasons.