• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Gypsy Chanting Acceptable?

Red the Paper

Banned
I know it's a sorry state of affairs in today's society when a perfectly sensible individual at work is unable to control themselves in a football ground.
It has been that way for 40 years. Football isn't a get together over a session of cross stitch

dommers

It has been that way for 40 years. Football isn't a get together over a session of cross stitch
Doesn't make it right though does it.

argylepaul

Of course it is, as long as I don't bump into them.:S

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you live in a caravan?
Nope.

The lucky heather worked its magic and paid the rent ...

MikeGrecian

Never ceases to amaze how many posts the more contentious threads produce,also amazes me when people mistake a lifestyle choice as a race mind.Must spend their entire game tutting and shaking their heads at the BANTER.

Antony Moxey

As far I'm concerned you wouldn't go up to someone you didn't know in the street and give them the sort of abuse that comes from the terraces so it must be wrong.
And by the same token if you happened to do something successfully at work then you wouldn't scream and shout and jump up and down in celebration and hug the complete stranger next to you. Nor would you then go onto the internet afterwards and tell a different bunch of strangers who shared your passion for your job about how brilliant it was that you did something successful at work, and by the way here's a Youtube clip of you successfully filing your rubber bands in the correct size order so everyone can relive that magic moment.

exesaddler

And by the same token if you happened to do something successfully at work then you wouldn't scream and shout and jump up and down in celebration and hug the complete stranger next to you. Nor would you then go onto the internet afterwards and tell a different bunch of strangers who shared your passion for your job about how brilliant it was that you did something successful at work, and by the way here's a Youtube clip of you successfully filing your rubber bands in the correct size order so everyone can relive that magic moment.
Banter's banter. If you feel the need to partake then it's not the end of the world it's just that over the age of 15 it tends to be a little sad. But if needs must the football ground provides you with the opportunity to join like minded folk in poking fun at people.

LOG

Really? No wonder i get funny looks.

Antony Moxey

Banter's banter. If you feel the need to partake then it's not the end of the world it's just that over the age of 15 it tends to be a little sad. But if needs must the football ground provides you with the opportunity to join like minded folk in poking fun at people.
So only U15s should sing at football matches?

Antony Moxey

Really? No wonder i get funny looks.
You think THAT's the reason?!?!

:D