• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Investment/takeover

uncle buck

If somebody approached the club about major investment or takeover do the club have the say to turn it down or would they have to put it to the trust as major shareholder which I hope they would have to .Been on a golf day today and been told about a major potential investor partnership who were told we are not looking for a takeover just wondered if this would have to go to a vote of members or not or if it was the wrong time what with the planning of the clubs redevelopment plan

Barum

If somebody approached the club about major investment or takeover do the club have the say to turn it down or would they have to put it to the trust as major shareholder which I hope they would have to .Been on a golf day today and been told about a major potential investor partnership who were told we are not looking for a takeover just wondered if this would have to go to a vote of members or not or if it was the wrong time what with the planning of the clubs redevelopment plan
I was told the same thing regarding outside investment by the Trust chairman a couple of years ago!

Exelurker

There's always talk of various consortiums/investors waiting in the wings and/or being rebuffed - at the end of the day these will boil down to investors / speculators looking generate a sizeable return by getting into what us perceived to be the 'cash cow' of professional football. ECFC will always be a likely/attractive target because of it's perceived low value.

Was Edward there?

uncle buck

There's always talk of various consortiums/investors waiting in the wings and/or being rebuffed - at the end of the day these will boil down to investors / speculators looking generate a sizeable return by getting into what us perceived to be the 'cash cow' of professional football. ECFC will always be a likely/attractive target because of it's perceived low value.

Was Edward there?
I was in Gloucestershire and I was listening to a conversation by some people who were talking about the Bristol rovers takeover and the conversation mentioned us so I obviously listened in and names were mentioned who contacted the club about major investment or a takeover and they were told thanks but no thanks just wondered what channels of the club it went through and if it went through the club individuals if they would have to pass that information to the trust

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
This club will never end up in private ownership until it's on the financial brink again. There is too much fear in Trust Towers to let it slip from their clutches regardless of whether it's right for the progression of the club or not.

Last edited:

manc grecian

I don't think it's the trust who are unwilling to let go of anything.

PeteUSA

I was in Gloucestershire and I was listening to a conversation by some people who were talking about the Bristol rovers takeover and the conversation mentioned us so I obviously listened in and names were mentioned who contacted the club about major investment or a takeover and they were told thanks but no thanks just wondered what channels of the club it went through and if it went through the club individuals if they would have to pass that information to the trust
I imagine any suggestion of major investment or takeover would be rejected, since it would probably mean there would be no place for Tagg, Perryman or Tisdale - there would be a total clearout of anyone freeloading off of the club, which would be no bad thing. The clique that exists at SJP needs breaking up.

uncle buck

This club will never end up in private ownership until it's on the financial brink again. There is too much fear in Trust Towers to let it slip from their clutches regardless of whether it's right for the progression of the club or not.
Must admit I think your probably right

sladie

Id like to think the trust members would be asked to vote on it, if an offer has been made and we werent told by the club board wouldnt that break one or more of the terms?

uncle buck

Id like to think the trust members would be asked to vote on it, if an offer has been made and we werent told by the club board wouldnt that break one or more of the terms?
I would hope so but not sure what channels the enquiry was made to