• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Injuries - what can we do?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Firstly anyone know what the likeleyhood is of o Flynn,amankwaah or Doherty being in the squad on Saturday?

If not we are really down to the bare bones, so options?

Four three three

Or bring back frear from his loan so we have the option of a winger to change our shape.

Any other ideas?

A Slacker

Amankwaah was on the bench today so I presume is available for selection. Haven't a clue about the other two I'm afraid. There is also the possible loss of Cureton to worry about.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
As with last season injuries have seem to hit at the worst possible time.

Overall we still have a good shout of playoffs and even if we do not go up this year with one or two additions we could have a good season next year(Provided we keep the main part of this side).

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If amankwaah was there then we could play him and tully with one in midfield, hadn't noticed him being on the bench tbh.

Pete Martin (CTID)

As with last season injuries have seem to hit at the worst possible time.
Tis said in his post-match interview;

"We're a very average League Two club that is in a very very good position. The heart of the team, all the talent, has been ripped out the middle of it because of injury."

Sorry but I just don't buy that as an excuse.

We managed to stuff Bradford City with virtually the same defence as today (except Tully for Amankwaah) and the midfield, for most of the game, was identical and I defy anybody to suggest that Rochdale is a better team that Bradford.

The same applies for the Argyle game on Saturday and using injuries an excuse in the light of this fact is frankly ridiculous imo.

FAN-TATIC

"We're a very average League Two club that is in a very very good position. The heart of the team, all the talent, has been ripped out the middle of it because of injury."

We managed to stuff Bradford City with virtually the same defence as today (except Tully for Amankwaah) and the midfield, for most of the game, was identical and I defy anybody to suggest that Rochdale is a better team than Bradford City.
Exactly what I have pointed out on the B&B thread Pete.

Grecian1966

We managed to stuff Bradford City with virtually the same defence as today (except Tully for Amankwaah) and the midfield, for most of the game, was identical and I defy anybody to suggest that Rochdale is a better team that Bradford.

The same applies for the Argyle game on Saturday and using injuries an excuse in the light of this fact is frankly ridiculous imo.
Pete, you are a level headed and pragmatic fan. The Bradford game was a one-off and most city fans thought the scoreline was a tad fortunate. We have no central midfielders left in our squad who can dictate play. This was notable in both of the last two matches in that we had little midfield control or penetration and for me no organisation (how much space did Rochdale have in midfield to do as they like?) Unless this Rogers is a panacea I fear we will limp into the play off's

Grumpy Grecian

exeweb.com friend
Don't know about Flynny.

I was in hospitality today and -

The Doc was one of the pre match speakers and said he hopes to be back on Saturday.

Curo said the same thing when he picked up his MOM award.

GG

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

How about stop signing injury-prone players and stop playing friendlies where our players get injured.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Pete, you are a level headed and pragmatic fan. The Bradford game was a one-off and most city fans thought the scoreline was a tad fortunate. We have no central midfielders left in our squad who can dictate play. This was notable in both of the last two matches in that we had little midfield control or penetration and for me no organisation (how much space did Rochdale have in midfield to do as they like?) Unless this Rogers is a panacea I fear we will limp into the play off's
But Fred, Molesley, for one, was outstanding against Bradford and was dictating so much of the midfield play and yet has been poor in the last two games. The only midfielder that has really been out of the reckoning over the three games in question has been Oakley and is he really the only influential midfielder we have?