• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

In Praise Of The Club`s Owners.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
if a manager does well for a sustained period then has a run of bad results then does that make him a bad manager that needs to be sacked?
he wasn't sacked. Can't your brain assimilate that !

tavyred

So what happened to the renegotiation in the 18 months since November 2016, the decision should of been made by now & we should have a signed contract with a manager either PT or A.N other but instead of that we are 9 Weeks from the new season with no manager.
That is nothing to be praised about
The contract has there ready to sign for weeks I believe.

iscalad

So what happened to the renegotiation in the 18 months since November 2016, the decision should of been made by now & we should have a signed contract with a manager either PT or A.N other but instead of that we are 9 Weeks from the new season with no manager.
That is nothing to be praised about
I think you will find that Paul Tisdale is our manager.

PeteUSA

The contract has there ready to sign for weeks I believe.
Well as long as it doesnt get ammended and the terms remain the same today as when it was drawn up, that'll work for me. He needs to come up with a decision sharpish though. Time isnt on our side if we need to get a new manager in. I do have this niggling concern that he'll stay incidently. I think he'll lose his nerve over the MK Dons thing. Apart from the league they're in, Tisdale will find things demanding from the get-go. I'm quite surprised that the Dons fans are prepared to settle for a 'non name' manager.

squiz

A contract has been put on the table is a totally different thing to a contract has been agreed. Was the contract the clubs only offer or the starting line for negotiations?

IndoMike

Well as long as it doesnt get ammended and the terms remain the same today as when it was drawn up, that'll work for me. He needs to come up with a decision sharpish though. Time isnt on our side if we need to get a new manager in. I do have this niggling concern that he'll stay incidently. I think he'll lose his nerve over the MK Dons thing. Apart from the league they're in, Tisdale will find things demanding from the get-go. I'm quite surprised that the Dons fans are prepared to settle for a 'non name' manager.
If you look at their message boards several say they are not convinced. The question they pose is why has Tisdale been at basically a League 2 club for so long and can he lead them up the ladder - they've tasted the Championship and want to get back up there. Don't think they'd give him more than a season to get promoted.
PS. Don't shoot me : I'm just the messenger.

squiz

But PT has said it is a purely football appointment at MK with no responsibilities added, that might be a consideration. Has the contract we have offered been amended to remove a lot of the additional responsibilities he hinted at in he Times article. Not that we will ever know I dare say.

dontpassback

If you look at their message boards several say they are not convinced. The question they pose is why has Tisdale been at basically a League 2 club for so long and can he lead them up the ladder - they've tasted the Championship and want to get back up there. Don't think they'd give him more than a season to get promoted.
PS. Don't shoot me : I'm just the messenger.
I think that tisdales reluctance to leave ECFC when other jobs have arisen could be rightly or wrongly be perceived as lack of ambition.i do believe he was keen with a job at the FA but I think southgatevgot the job before he was promoted after Allardyce disappeared,

IndoMike

I think that tisdales reluctance to leave ECFC when other jobs have arisen could be rightly or wrongly be perceived as lack of ambition.i do believe he was keen with a job at the FA but I think southgatevgot the job before he was promoted after Allardyce disappeared,
Don't know about the FA job, but you might be right about the perception of lack of ambition. He admits he is very cautious : not a big risk-taker, I feel.

geoffwp

While it's true that Tis has said that he is naturally cautious he had also talked about the Exeter City project on many occasions and has referred to it as long term. He is into building, not just a team but an ethos and a structure. Those sorts of things can't be just thrown together in a year or two, they take longer to grow. Think about the players that have been developed. Think about watching them as kids and being aware of the prospects and potential they have and wanting to see that happen. I don't believe Tisdale has stayed so long because he lacks ambition and it was nice and easy. That's the lazy answer that people put out who don't like the man and want to diss him with anything they care to invent. He has stayed because he HAS ambition but it takes time to achieve those things. A lot of fans want success very quickly, it's what happens in these 'instant' times we live in. Truth is you can't always build things that will last in an instant.

Last edited: