• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

In Praise of Argyle

southamptongrecian

PS: Right - where's my bucket for tomorrow night?

I think you will find Porkus has all our old red ones, and painting them greem as I type.

Anyway best of luck.

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oi you!! :)

I've never carried a bucket Grandad!!

gus honeybun

Everybody knows I have no love for Argyle, Plymouth or indeed its residents,
I can understand the first one, but the other two. I cant say i honestly hate exeter or its residents

Red the Paper

Banned
I can understand the first one, but the other two. I cant say i honestly hate exeter or its residents
I said I had no love not that I had hate.

That said in the late 1970s and early 80's most kids in Exeter schools were brought up with a loathing for Plymouth. Not sure it is the same today, however I do believe many of those 70's or 80's kids will probably make an appearance on the 30th April, particularly as a result of the unsavoury incidents at the JPT game.

The OP by the way was praising the Argyle fans who would follow their club through thick and thin, didn't support a Premiership club or sucked up to Argyle's directors.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

I've never carried a bucket Grandad!!

I think he means for your personal use...

...afterall, you're soooooooooooooooooooooooooo full of it. ;)

Mackster

I've only ever carried a KFC bucket Grandad!!
Amended for accuracy

Mackster

I've had a horrible dirty feeling that I might like them to stay up. Probably the underdog mentality and all that, plus it would make next season more interesting. Of course if they didn't reach the normal required points and if some Argyle poster can remind me once again why we despise them so much I might rid myself of this feeling.

I'm off for a shower.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Poor old Argoyle have just been thrown out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Did I just type 'Poor old Argoyle'?

Feckin' hell.

Last edited:

gus honeybun

I said I had no love not that I had hate.

That said in the late 1970s and early 80's most kids in Exeter schools were brought up with a loathing for Plymouth. Not sure it is the same today, however I do believe many of those 70's or 80's kids will probably make an appearance on the 30th April, particularly as a result of the unsavoury incidents at the JPT game.

The OP by the way was praising the Argyle fans who would follow their club through thick and thin, didn't support a Premiership club or sucked up to Argyle's directors.
I went to school in the early 70`s. Remember the venom during that time so i guess your right on that. I said it before on here and i`ll say it again. i have more time for exeter fans then any premier supporting idiot both here in plymouth and in exeter. they really wind me up. Some of these idiots (born in plymouth by the way) are actually gloating at the demise of argyle and would rather pay sky to watch the likes of rooney prancing around for his 250k, all of which they paid for. His weekly wage amounts to 13.8 years salary for me. Its mental. God i`m ranting now!

Red the Paper

Banned
I went to school in the early 70`s. Remember the venom during that time so i guess your right on that. I said it before on here and i`ll say it again. i have more time for exeter fans then any premier supporting idiot both here in plymouth and in exeter. they really wind me up. Some of these idiots (born in plymouth by the way) are actually gloating at the demise of argyle and would rather pay sky to watch the likes of rooney prancing around for his 250k, all of which they paid for. His weekly wage amounts to 13.8 years salary for me. Its mental. God i`m ranting now!
Always good to have a rant Gus. Looks like your boys are on a run at the moment.

There was pure venom then. I know of two people who went to jail for Argyle related violence. One put a hammer to the head of one fan, the other whacked a guy he believed to be an Argyle fan who was actually wearing a green Exeter Falcons top. The latter tells you how bad things were.

Hopefully the Police will be out in force on the 30th because it would appear we could relegate you on that day or you could indeed survive.