• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

In our defence...

...There is none.

How will Tisdale react? We currently have one centre back in Richard Duffy playing in a formation that requires three. What options are there for Tisdale? As far as I am aware, we can sign someone in on an emergency loan, a free agent or even the possibility of signing someone on loan with a view to buying once the January transfer window opens. What do you think?

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
No need for a loan, we have Edwards and Bennett don't we? There seems to be a lot of nodding and winking about Matt Taylor's injury so who knows when he will be back!

wemissmoxey

No need for a loan, we have Edwards and Bennett don't we? There seems to be a lot of nodding and winking about Matt Taylor's injury so who knows when he will be back!
To me that means we need fresh blood, our back line is already slow, if you stick Edwards in, oh my god, also Bennett is not good enough.

Last edited:

Red & White

To be fair Bennett hasn't made many first team appearances, so its a bit harsh to say he isnt good enough when he has yet to be fully tested.

wemissmoxey

To be fair Bennett hasn't made many first team appearances, so its a bit harsh to say he isnt good enough when he has yet to be fully tested.
What does that tell you ?

Red & White

He's 19 been named on the bench a few times. Doesn't mean hes not good enough, if Tis didn't have faith in his ability he wouldn't of given him a professional contract.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Troy will be suspended , Matty T will hopefully be back asap , if not Edwards can cover for a game or 2...

I dont think we can judge Bennetts ability yet. But, I do agree that its alot of pressure to put on the lad. Surely if he has signed a proffesional contract than he can step into the team? How about the possibility of changing our formation. Reverting back to the traditional 4-4-2. I understand that city rely on their tactics as opposed to the quality of the squad to get a result, but maybe we should look for a temporary solution untilwe have a fully fit squad?

The likeliness is that Troy and Matty Taylor will be back playing together at a similar date, so we may just have to bosh out a few rough and tumble performances until then.

wemissmoxey

I dont think we can judge Bennetts ability yet. But, I do agree that its alot of pressure to put on the lad. Surely if he has signed a proffesional contract than he can step into the team? How about the possibility of changing our formation. Reverting back to the traditional 4-4-2. I understand that city rely on their tactics as opposed to the quality of the squad to get a result, but maybe we should look for a temporary solution untilwe have a fully fit squad?

The likeliness is that Troy and Matty Taylor will be back playing together at a similar date, so we may just have to bosh out a few rough and tumble performances until then.
Plenty of youngsters sign pro deals and a high percentage of them are released having hardly played.

I think he needs to be given the chance though. Im sure Tisdale will be tempted to give him a chance soon enough.