• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

In and Outs 2011 - Transfers, Released players, etc

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think both Noble and Cureton (a) owe us a debt of gratitude for taking a punt on them and (b) should sign up for another year.
I'm sure they ARE grateful but (b) doesn't follow from (a). They are employees; their duty is to do the best they can for themselves and their families. They have both done sterling work for City; that is their only responsibility, to work hard for their employer. They don't have an obligation to sign a new contract.

That said, I think there is a good chance they will do just that, as I think Tis is right - they may well conclude that City IS the right place for them to be.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isn't Bertie retiring too? I though he was offered a deal until Christmas then agreed an extension to the end of the current season as he wants to concentrate on his crepe business more.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every day these last few years I've been more and more pleased to be a fan of Exeter City. Reading the interview with Tis makes me proud !
F*ck me he really does have a cult following doesn't he. What could he have said in that interview that could make you proud. He basically said what every manager in the country would have said.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bertie has implied he might stay on. He is allowed by his revised contract to spend a fair bit of his time on his business in return for less money.

As cover for Dunne and as a late sub to protect the defence he still pays his way.

Thames Valley Red

I think both Noble and Cureton owe us a debt of gratitude for taking a punt on them and should sign up for another year.
Emotion does not come into it Sherlock........surely after most of your recent posts you understand that! :)

FAN-TATIC

May only be a few players that will be out of contract in the summer. The E&E has this as the list Matt Taylor, Richard Duffy, Daniel Nardiello, Jamie Cureton and David Noble.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/sport/Tisdale-pressure-stars-sign-deals/article-3526799-detail/article.html
Thanks for the link Hants.

I have just read Tis's statement. I'd love to work for this guy. What you see is what you get! Bags of common sense and full of realism. It is no wonder the players respect him so much. Top man!

FAN-TATIC

F*ck me he really does have a cult following doesn't he. What could he have said in that interview that could make you proud. He basically said what every manager in the country would have said.
If you truly believe the content of your ultimate comment Jay you are truly deluded mate!

Last edited:

ecfc.nl

On Twitter, Bertie seems to imply he is retiring.

Grecian1966

You are correct Jay nearly all managers spout cliches what they think every fan wants to hear. However, Tiz actually means what he says and that's the difference. :-#

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
On Twitter, Bertie seems to imply he is retiring.
Very sad news! :'(