• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

Fareham Grecian

I am buying a smart tv today as our old tv has died a death. Can you watch directly through a smart tv to save me hooking up the laptop via HDMI?
I’ve just tried via my relatively new smart tv, and no you can’t. I have always used my iPad which works perfectly, or on occasion connected my laptop direct to the tv which works but not so smoothly.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am buying a smart tv today as our old tv has died a death. Can you watch directly through a smart tv to save me hooking up the laptop via HDMI?

Bar some issues here and there i have found the I follow system to be a very good system which i am sure will improve as time goes on.
My Samsung TV has a browser and I have watched matches via it. It's far from perfect but it's watchable.

Fareham Grecian

My Samsung TV has a browser and I have watched matches via it. It's far from perfect but it's watchable.
Interesting. I’ve just tried via my Samsung’s browser and while I can get the iFollow page I can’t get it to work

Cowshed Grecian

I happily watch City ifollow on my 55 inch Samsung smart TV, it occasionally sticks which is annoying but if you download google chrome I find its a lot better.

ralph

I was getting logged out every 6-7 minutes on Monday. Tried 3 different browsers. Same thing each time. Any IT-savvies out there know whether it could be anything to do within using a VPN?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Fareham Grecian

I happily watch City ifollow on my 55 inch Samsung smart TV, it occasionally sticks which is annoying but if you download google chrome I find its a lot better.
Onto your tv? Sorry if that is a stupid question…

Fareham Grecian

I was getting logged out every 6-7 minutes on Monday. Tried 3 different browsers. Same thing each time. Any IT-savvies out there know whether it could be anything to do within using a VPN?
I started using a VPN just before the Colchester game and couldn’t get iFollow to work - even though it had worked perfectly before. IFollow support told me to delete the iFollow app, restart my iPad, and then reinstall, and it worked perfectly

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have a Samsung smart TV and Samsung phone. It is possible to send the phone video to the TV via screen mirroring but, as I have a laptop, it is easier and better to use iFollow with that and connect to the TV with an HDMI cable, Has always worked perfectly so far.

I have never been able to connect to iFollow directly using the browser on the TV.

sign of the chimes

Taken from another forum - but direct from iFollow. I've not had issues attaching my laptop to my TV via HDMI - but I think the key is that the service does not 'support' the devices/features (i.e. in some cases with TV attached via HDMI it will work); as I've heard others who have made it work with some of the devices/features below but probably with random configurations of hardware, etc.

iFollow said:
Unfortunately, the service does not support the following devices or features: Any type of cable HDMI connected to the TV, Android boxes, PS4, Xbox, Firestick, Smart TV devices, Chromecast, Mirror Screen or Airplay functionality.