• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

tom_ecfc

Did we ever get a figure of how much the club made during the 2022/23 season from ifollow sales/profit?

sign of the chimes

I've just read via one of the Pompey outlets that the current EFL Digital deal concludes at the end of the season; and that there are changes coming to the existing plan which sees clubs using the EFL service getting free websites and streaming - apparently an interview with our CEO suggests we're looking at striking out and doing our own thing as some others are already doing. I don't profess to know anything about the economics beyond a recent incarnation of the model seeing about 70-75% of the cost of video match pass going to the (web) hosting club; but presumably changes with the overall model will lead to all clubs having to reassess their offering.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've just read via one of the Pompey outlets that the current EFL Digital deal concludes at the end of the season; and that there are changes coming to the existing plan which sees clubs using the EFL service getting free websites and streaming - apparently an interview with our CEO suggests we're looking at striking out and doing our own thing as some others are already doing. I don't profess to know anything about the economics beyond a recent incarnation of the model seeing about 70-75% of the cost of video match pass going to the (web) hosting club; but presumably changes with the overall model will lead to all clubs having to reassess their offering.
Hmm, not sure that will be a good thing for away fans, who watch from home.

andrew p long

this needs to be read in the light of the new EFL Sky deal for next season. For League One and League Two most (all?) midweek games will be shown live on Sky, in the way so many midweek Championship games are now available on Sky on the red button. 248 League One and 248 League Two games to be shown by Sky. Here's a reminder

We had a thread somewhere where others (Denzel?) did lots of the heavy lifting on the arithmetic of how this works out for ECFC games. The Championship of course will have even more games shown live.

eurogrecian

Pictures but no commentary it seems?

andrew p long

Pictures but no commentary it seems?
nor for me

eurogrecian

nor for me
Sometimes it's better like that!

iscalad

No commentary either

eurogrecian

Commentary now.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The suggestion is log out and then log back in again to deal with tonight's problems.