• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If we went up

ExeterCity

If we go up, I reckon we should just build a new stadium instead of re-doing SJP

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Except it was full of contradictions and inaccuracies. And, as Poult says, could have been written on the back of a fag packet too. The short version we were allowed to see looked more like a school project than a serious document to enable us to plan a way forward.
Exactly.... I think the Jonas report was crap and i would of asked for my money back

Tada

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
If we go up, I reckon we should just build a new stadium instead of re-doing SJP
Where?

Tada

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you can tell me where in Exeter there is a suitable site, one that is large enough, and in a location where the Council would allow allow suitable enabling development to finance the project, then I might just agree with you.

Other than that any new stadium with a 20,000 capacity, fully seated for Championship status, would cost about £32M at current prices.

Last edited:

Grecian1987

If you can tell me where in Exeter there is a suitable site, one that is large enough, and in a location where the Council would allow allow suitable enabling development to finance the project, then I might just agree with you.

Other than that any new stadium with a 20,000 capacity, fully seated for Championship status, would cost about £32M at current prices.
Weren't we looking at Marsh Barton once?

Personally I'd hate to move to a soulless, out of town arena.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope we don't leave sjp in the near future. As these new swish grounds may look good, but have a dreadful atmosphere (bar the brittania) take home park for example! :)

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weren't we looking at Marsh Barton once?

Personally I'd hate to move to a soulless, out of town arena.
This was looked at in detail prior to the Trust taking control, so I can't really comment on that period.

The same site was quickly discarded by the Drivers Jonas working party because of City Council insistence that it had been already earmarked for a specific purpose.

Grecian1987

This was looked at in detail prior to the Trust taking control, so I can't really comment on that period.

The same site was quickly discarded by the Drivers Jonas working party because of City Council insistence that it had been already earmarked for a specific purpose.
Ah I see. My memory is hazy at the best of times.

I can't imagine a worse kind of hell than trying to park down there on a matchday, if we did move...

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where?

Tada
Cathederal close?

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Geoffrey,

please don't fluster, we won't be going up.