• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Tis and his team are that bad....

dommers

Time to stop living in the past.
True although I think it highlights the fact that some should be careful what they wish for.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best keeper my ass! Its only the fact that we're now stuck with two keepers that are no more than Blue Square Premier League standard that people think back and think Jonah was any better!

When Jonah got his eventual ultimatum about his future from Tisdale, he'd just conceeded a soft goal v Brentford on live TV, and cost us a place in whatever cup it was. When a player is told he's free to go with two months of the season still remaining, it generally means its considered he's not good enough.
He said best since Miller, not the best ever. As for him being given an ultimatum - do you have any evidence of this?

Chudleigh Cannon

Tell that to Dr Who.
..............Dr Who? :S

Chudleigh Cannon

True although I think it highlights the fact that some should be careful what they wish for.
I wish for free flowing, entertaining, free scoring football even if we lose 5-4 of the Newcastle in the Kevin Keegan mold.

or

Kick the crap out of the opposition and win ugly 1-0 mold

either will do rather than the ineffectual prissiness of the current aproach.

Poultice

I don't think we really got the best out of Jones, I remember when he first arrived on loan from Leyton Orient, I thought he looked an exceptional prospect, he was aged around 18 at the time, over the years I don't think he developed into the keeper he could / should have been, he has had a decent career so far though and things should only get better for him.
Spot on Missy, so many young players go backwards under Cheesy Choke Coaches.

dommers

Spot on Missy, so many young players go backwards under Cheesy Choke Coaches.
Where did he say that Jones went backwards?

Poultice

He didn't, that was my comment.

DJH2005

He didn't, that was my comment.
Did he go backwards, or did his progression coincide with the teams rise, thus negating his improvements a little?

I don't know the answer - before I get the wrath, it's just a question I've pondered with our squad since the BSP days.

Mackster

C'mon dommers add some humour to another banal, anti-moaning, thread which is in danger of being hijacked to satisfy Pate's goalkeeping fetish.

Is the Tis rating up from 38%?

dommers

Is the Tis rating up from 38%?
Did I ever say Tis's rating was at 38%?

I think I said that on a scale of 0-100 I would put my current happiness with our performances at 38. I'm not how sure anyone could be happy with a team in the bottom six. I think where I disagree with so many is that I do not think expect much better given our support and resources.