• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Danny Seaborne plays....

TimG

He gets boooed obviously. Before and after the game perhaps not, but certainly during. That's what happens at football matches when ex-players return. And long may it continue.

Never ever understood ex-players getting cheered - regardless of what they achieved whilst here. It's the only influence we can have to get behind our side, and to put them off their game.

It's a no-brainer.
So would you boo deano then?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He gets boooed obviously. Before and after the game perhaps not, but certainly during. That's what happens at football matches when ex-players return. And long may it continue.

Never ever understood ex-players getting cheered - regardless of what they achieved whilst here. It's the only influence we can have to get behind our side, and to put them off their game.

It's a no-brainer.
That just about sums up the no brains in your heads attitude that was displayed on the Big Bank today. Danny's no angel but the sh!t he got today was uncalled for. Even when he tried to the right thing he got a hail of abuse (he was actually trying to get his team mate to kick the ball out when Stanno got injured initially but I'm guessing most of the goons on The Bank were to thick and gormlous to notice).

docoa

So would you boo deano then?
hi i dont think people would bo deano but this man is different hes just put ecfc down in the e/e and after the way he played today he gets my booooo

grecIAN Harris

hi i dont think people would bo deano but this man is different hes just put ecfc down in the e/e and after the way he played today he gets my booooo
And you don't think there's a some element of truth in what he said. I love City like everybody else on here but I'm not daft enough to realise that there is a limit as to how far we can go. We MIGHT, with good luck and a fair wind, make it to The Championship one day but I don't honestly see it happening during the best part of Danny's career. Soton on the other hand have set and potential of being in the Premiership. You know, there really is nothing wrong in being honest and telling it like it is. The opportunity was there for Danny to improve his career prospects. Stay at City or go to Soton. What was it kpecfc said????............ No brainer.

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
That just about sums up the no brains in your heads attitude that was displayed on the Big Bank today. Danny's no angel but the sh!t he got today was uncalled for. Even when he tried to the right thing he got a hail of abuse (he was actually trying to get his team mate to kick the ball out when Stanno got injured initially but I'm guessing most of the goons on The Bank were to thick and gormlous to notice).
I saw that too Ian - never rated his attitude when he played for us but admired him for that today. he also showed genuine concern for Stanno after his injury too

Philecfc

Having just read what Danny said I cannot understand why everyone is so upset He was only saying what he feels. We may not agree with him but why get so upset. I dont think he is far from the truth about to our club AT THE MOMENT we need to settle into this league develop our ground and then push on Saints are in that position now and have cash to spend on players so they hope to push on now and not in a season or two like us
Anyway if someone came along and trebled your wages would you not take it and talk up you new boss
I four one say thank you to Danny for his years of good service to our club and for that moment when he lifted the cup at that little ground in north London

grecIAN Harris

I saw that too Ian - never rated his attitude when he played for us but admired him for that today. he also showed genuine concern for Stanno after his injury too
See, this is what I don't get. All this crap about his attitude. Alright, so he wasn't whiter than white but when he pulled on the shirt and crossed the line, he gave his all to the point where he helped us to two promotions. You're not really going to tell me that happened in spite of him and not because of his efforts, are you? Some of you people in your prissy little worlds need to get over all this attitude bullsh!t. I'm sure Ryan Harley is a very nice lad but can't tackle a wet paper bag but he won't get slated for that if he leaves (or even whilst his here). Danny's got a bit of mean streak in him but I'd want him crashing into 40/60 tackle for me because his mean streak means that there is a good chance he going to come out with the ball despite the odds being a against. That mean streak is part of what turned him into a saleable asset. Live with it.

Philecfc

Well said grecIAN Harris some players are treated like gods and others like S**t Danny always gave his best even if sometimes he got it wrong But it was 100%

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
See, I'm sure Ryan Harley is a very nice lad but can't tackle a wet paper bag but he won't get slated for that if he leaves (or even whilst his here). .
I have slated him for not tackling! Anyway I digress!
Sometimes Ian I just found his attitude ( off the pitch mainly) a bit c*cky. Its just an opinion like! His passion on the pitch was never really an issue

Last edited:

Pobbop

Have seen Harley slated many times for not tackling on these boards and at the ground, so can't quite see where Harris is coming from here.....