• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Idiots near pole 7 in the big bank.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
If you don't wanna get bundled: don't go at the back.

If you don't like chanting: don't go to the back (or go to away games)

Simples!

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
There weren't any idiots near pole 7/6 whatever, just a bunch of City fans who thought it would be funny to take the **** out of the terrible home atmosphere. They weren't deliberatley pushing anyone, it's just when we score some people show a bit of emotion, a concept unknown to a lot of people it seems.

ECFC should be pleased they have some passionate fans who want to make a bit of noise, the day we have 5000 fans sat down in silence is the day I stop coming.

If you don't wanna get bundled: don't go at the back.

If you don't like chanting: don't go to the back (or go to away games)

Simples!
My father didn't fight two world wars just for some hairy arsed Scorcese to limit his geographical capability on a Saturday afternoon at St James'. Perhaps your esteemed videographic periodical could publish some ground rules on how to survive bundling, a little basic first aid and the laws on squatting? Difficults..

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I'm not particularly for or against 'bundling', but saturday was a bit weird. Ive been involved in some bundles but only normally when crucial goals go in like Logies goal at Plainmoor. Scoring an equaliser with our one bit of good football in the half against a team that we should have been demolishing meant that I greeted the goal more with a gasp of relief rather than unbridled lunacy!

Bittners a Legend

They weren't deliberatley pushing anyone
Re-read this thread and I would beg to differ.

ECFC should be pleased they have some passionate fans
Passionate fans, yes. The idiotic comments these fans have associated themselves with on this thread, no.

the day we have 5000 fans sat down in silence is the day I stop coming.
I think you'll find that nobody on this thread has advocated sitting in silence and I'd suggest there is a difference between making noise and bundling people who don't wish to be jumped on.

On a personal note I think jumping around in joy is an utterly good thing. I think the lack of sense or responsibility that some of these fools have posted on here is just a bit embarassing. Sometimes people need to be told they are embarassing.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Have to say, I sat in the old grandstand for the first time at the weekend, and at no point could i hear any noise whatsoever coming from the big bank.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re-read this thread and I would beg to differ.

Passionate fans, yes. The idiotic comments these fans have associated themselves with on this thread, no.
I was stood right next to the "so called idiots", they did nothing wrong, they jumped up and down when we scored but so do lots of people. If people thing what they were doing was idiotic I despair.

pincher

unbelievable, we are breeding wimps, bloody good job half the posters on here wernt around in the 60/70s when 5 or 600 bundled at a time, then people ask why the atmospheres crap, and moan cos a couple of people push forward... i for one would love those days back.....".knees up mother brown" anyone

Red the Paper

Banned
unbelievable, we are breeding wimps, bloody good job half the posters on here wernt around in the 60/70s when 5 or 600 bundled at a time, then people ask why the atmospheres crap, and moan cos a couple of people push forward... i for one would love those days back.....".knees up mother brown" anyone
18000 against Newcastle feet didn't touch the ground, "you're gonna get your f*cking heads kicked in", "Aberfan, aberfan", "zigger, zigger, zigger", fighting every home game against the likes of Portsmouth, Cardiff, Sheffield United, with away fans trying to take the T Stand. Scary but happy days.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have to say, I sat in the old grandstand for the first time at the weekend, and at no point could i hear any noise whatsoever coming from the big bank.
Where I stand in the BB I often hear the OG more than I hear the "singers" in the bank.

I remember the days when people were original in the songs they sung, the fans were passionate and reasonably loud and people bundled when goals were scored, but it generally only happened when important goals were scored. It didn't happen in an average league game against Hartlepool, unless we were doing it on purpose.

Funny how this sort of thing rarely happens at all seater stadia...