• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'd Be Happy With Mid-Table Or Above This Season

Langer

I think theres a good chance of promotion with the squad that's been assembled.

rifraf

I think theres a good chance of promotion with the squad that's been assembled.
Getting there as a team. Well done MT. I do have one or two lingering doubts about the quality and depth of our defence though, and would feel more comfortable with one more quality central defender.

PSF v Bristol Rovers will be the yardstick, and are step up from Truro, Bath, Weymouth et al.

Loved to be proved wrong, but not there yet I fear if we seriously want to harbour promotion asperations.

I thought we were in for a cracking season but with Stockley's imminent departure I am concerned. Goals could be a problem.

MT's signings are promising though.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought we were in for a cracking season but with Stockley's imminent departure ...
Care to elaborate old boy?

Care to elaborate old boy?
I heard he was having talks with Preston. Thought it was common knowledge. I heard we accepted a bid last night.

Hope to be wrong and to be fair one of the guys who told me has spoke some crap before but it has come from 2 separate people now.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard he was having talks with Preston. Thought it was common knowledge. I heard we accepted a bid last night.

Hope to be wrong and to be fair one of the guys who told me has spoke some crap before but it has come from 2 separate people now.
Interest in Stockley is mentioned on Sky Sports...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/14728/11447795/preston-and-ipswich-among-clubs-keen-on-exeters-jayden-stockley

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I have seen on Twitter that stockley is attracting interest which should be no surprise. Probably most clubs in league one and two would want him, and maybe a few at championship level. We don't want to lose him, especially not this close to August 4th but if a bid comes in and the player wants to go we need to ensure we get the best price possible and spend a chunk of it on a new striker.

I would hope the rumours are unfounded, but just in case I am sure Matt Taylor has an idea who he would go after if it happened. A football club could lose players at any point so it makes sense to be prepared if you need to try to make a permanent or loan signing at short notice.

Colesman Ballz

Well Sky Sports is wrong about the length of his contract, so lets hope that the rest is a crock of poo too !

dontpassback

Preston would be an upward move,mk dons, a sideways move so if he does go,then I hope it’s to a championship side,because he would be wasted at franchise F.C.

iscalad

Well going by what he was saying tonight, it didn't sound as if he was going anywhere.