• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I went to Torquay v Rovers yesterday

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
...stood in the Popside with a mate.

Few thoughts - firstly it was nice to see a side put a bit of passion into their play, Torquay really wanted it and it made for a good game. The celebrations for the 2nd and 3rd goals were great to see, at the end of the day we came to watch you stay up in the hope that it would be partly at Argyle's expense (which sadly did not happen). Going forward TQ looked half decent, I really rate Benyon... Bodin looks class on the ball but doesn't get round to doing much. Defensively they are an absolute shambles, the amount of times Rovers got in behind them was laughable. On second viewing this time in the daytime I really like Bristow's Bench, completes a tidy ground.

I've never had a problem with Torquay so standing in the home end wasn't a problem, we smiled a bit at the one or two anti City songs... sorry lads but it's never going to be anything other than a friendly local rivalry for us. Nice place, nice club and nice fans (even though no one realised we were City). Glad you stayed up it would have been a killer blow if you had gone down IMO.

Also finally, loads of Rovers fans in the home areas including at least 30 in Block F of Bristow's Bench, quite happily singing goodnight irene without any sort of interjection from fans, stewards or police. It got a bit embarrassing to be fair watching them completely unchallenged... one guy was walking up and down the front of the seated stand behind the goal giving person signs to most of the stand and nothing happened...

So yeah, and exciting match and worth the £19 unlike a lot of the games I've seen this year :mad:

drake

Cant wait to go up there again next season. A good day out.
I honestly believe if ling hadn't been sick they'd be in league 1 by now tbh

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't wait to go up there again next season.
That I can believe.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Traitor Maxwell. Not sure the last time we had an entertaining 3-3 draw at home.