• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I take it back - Bennett is actually good at nothing...

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trouble is Jay your predictions and opinions have been well of the mark this season may be you should start going to a game.

How the hell can we be 3rd in the table when according to you Tisdale,Davis,Coles,Oakley are all S**** and Bennett is the worst player you've ever seen in a City shirt?
My predictions have been way out so far to be fair, but all during last season when we were 2nd and 3rd I said we wouldn't even make the playoffs and I got similar responses to the ones I'm getting now. We'll see where we are in April/May.

Bennett and Coles are poor footballers, Bennett is having a purple patch so fair play to him for that. Oakley isn't my cup of tea and is keeping Jimmy out who is much better (although a different type of footballer) and I've stuck up for Davies plenty.

Tisdale is just doing what I and many others said a long time ago, to you he is a genius but to me he is too slow on the uptake.

Red Monster

My predictions have been way out so far to be fair, but all during last season when we were 2nd and 3rd I said we wouldn't even make the playoffs and I got similar responses to the ones I'm getting now. We'll see where we are in April/May.

Bennett and Coles are poor footballers, Bennett is having a purple patch so fair play to him for that. Oakley isn't my cup of tea and is keeping Jimmy out who is much better (although a different type of footballer) and I've stuck up for Davies plenty.

Tisdale is just doing what I and many others said a long time ago, to you he is a genius but to me he is too slow on the uptake.
What you NEVER EVER take into consideration is there is a opposition manager in the other dug out with his own game plan and tactics, all you seem to think is Tisdale gets it wrong if we don't win,
unless your saying we've got the best squad in the league by a Country mile and as long as Tisdale gets his tactics and team selection right it doesn't matter about what the other guy does, which is it.

Grecian_Jay

What you NEVER EVER take into consideration is there is a opposition manager in the other dug out with his own game plan and tactics, all you seem to think is Tisdale gets it wrong if we don't win,
unless your saying we've got the best squad in the league by a Country mile and as long as Tisdale gets his tactics and team selection right it doesn't matter about what the other guy does, which is it.
I'm failing to get your point. I do think that with our squad we should be up there yes. I don't see many ebtter squads around really.

In regards to tactics on the day then obviously it is a battle between the two managers, however that doesn't excuse why it takes so long for him to react to situations.

Red Monster

I'm failing to get your point. I do think that with our squad we should be up there yes. I don't see many ebtter squads around really.

In regards to tactics on the day then obviously it is a battle between the two managers, however that doesn't excuse why it takes so long for him to react to situations.
Come on Jay if you were in charge players would be getting the hook after 10 mins.

Grecian_Jay

Come on Jay if you were in charge players would be getting the hook after 10 mins.
There you go again, not getting it. It's not all about substitutions, it's about subtle changes in tactics. Tisdale used to be brilliant at this, he may have it back again now but it has certainly be lacking for 2 or 3 years.

Red Monster

So lets get this right then Tisdale has assembled one of the best squads in the League.

Also I forgot Liam in the list of players you think are rubbish so nearly half the side not to bad being 3rd then.

Football is a funny old game isn't it. Scotty Bennett is probably by his own admission not the most naturally gifted footballers in the squad and in my opinion will end up being a center back kicking around League 1 and 2 with spells in the Conference (hopefully not with us mind!) during his career but if you were a 'stats' manager who didn't actually go and watch the players you sign he would be pretty much one of the most in demand players in the lower leagues with 13 goals in 62 games as a supposid 'center back'.

fairplay

I have been traveling to Exeter for nine year's now and seen a lot of home game's . this is my first post on exeweb, I have seen a lot of player's come and go . Some good and some not so good , but that's my opinion,( In which everybody is entitled) , but I have to say for players to be absolutely slated on a fan's forum is beyond me. To say player's can't pass , head , run , tackle, or lack commitment is in MY opinion ludicrous whomever the player maybe, all player's have bad run's . It's a fact ...all player's have had a lot of hard work to get to were they are now. I wish them all good luck . paul and the team keep up the good work !!!

Grecian_Jay

Excellent we definitely need some mroe toe-nailers on here...

fairplay

I will not lower myself to get in an argument with someone who obviously know's nothing about football what so ever ..