• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hull City vs Exeter City U23s Premier league cup

budegrecian

Where's Sturtzie's 'sour grapes' picture then?

If the side really did have 387 pro games under their belt I can only imagine Troy is responsible for about 380 of them.
What with his injury record!?:$

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
What with his injury record!?:$
Good point. Maybe they mixed him up with Steve Archibald-Henville?

iscalad

Good point. Maybe they mixed him up with Steve Archibald-Henville?
I think you will find that he was definitely NOT a proper chap.

gbjpc

Definitely not what I'd call an experienced side but aside from TAH on 179 league apps we had Hamon with 23 and Liam apparently has 102. I guess the stat is correct when you add up the others (jay amazingly is on 12) and compared to Hulls youngsters they probably are a little more battle hardened. Great result though.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Definitely not what I'd call an experienced side but aside from TAH on 179 league apps we had Hamon with 23 and Liam apparently has 102. I guess the stat is correct when you add up the others (jay amazingly is on 12) and compared to Hulls youngsters they probably are a little more battle hardened. Great result though.
The other 7 players last night have a grand total of one start in the Football League!

Here's the list of the other 7 players last night with their age and number of Football League starts:

Sparkes 17 0
Wilson 17 0
Collins 18 0
Hartridge 18 0
Storey 19 0
Edwards 19 1
Byrne 20 0

Those stats for the other four are correct (most easily checked out on Soccerbase). But Jay's 12 appearances are 2 starts and 10 as sub, many of which were like Saturday , just a few minutes at the end.

Similarly Liam's 102 consist of 43 starts and 59 as sub.

I think they also count appearances in the EFL (many of the side have an appearance or two e.g. against Argyle) This counts as a first team appearance for us,but for the invited clubs fromPrem and Championship it wouldn't.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Let's not worry what some poxy journalist from Hull thinks, let's just focus on the awesome result - well done lads.

andrew p long

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are the U23s managed by Matt Taylor?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just found this on the Club's Facebook page

We didn’t expect anybody to be there supporting us and for them to turn up was fantastic. I know the players and the staff were really appreciative of it'

Matt Taylor thanks the Yorkshire Grecians after they turn up at North Ferriby United to support City in their under-23 match away to Hull City

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member