• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How old is Banging them in??

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tee hee GUFFAW tee hee is so much more origonal and creative than GUFAW tee hee GUFFAW. It's a case of getting the balance right Cyril and you haven't been managing that lately. Now, do try harder please.

Teh Unforcerer

No Cyril. We are just getting very very bored.
Cyril died on 30 August 1991. Even now he still retains more braincells than you g(r)eeks.

To paraphrase another gull:

FACT.

argyle-ive

That's the spirit, that actually made me smirk.

First time in an age that you've managed that.

Respect to BTI, he still has it when he tries.
Has what, exactly?
Here to make a genuine enquiry (tm AU)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Having some real information about BTI, I can reliably inform you that he is actually a professor of history at Durham. FACT.

col46upwood

He remembers the legend that is Dave Caldwell...

...guess he must be my age'ish....err 27:$
Aww memories,made me go all misty eyed then remembering DC absolutely terrorizing defences up and down the country.Scaring the sh1t out of Coventry,battering Brizzle City and kicking lumps out of Scunny.A proper centre forward,who took no prisoners.

Anyway BTI got to be older than 27 if he remembers big DC.

geoffwp

Having some real information about BTI, I can reliably inform you that he is actually the toilet attendant at Durham. FACT.
That's more like it Hants.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
As much as he is very childish, his spelling is always perfect.
Sometimes his spelling is fine, on other occasions it's less than perfect............................................which leads me to believe there's two BTI's

Sorry :S

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
aaaahhhh the late 1980's: The 'Dudes' goal against Spurs, Dodging bricks at Bognor Regis Town when Pompey 'fans' decided to take on the Gulls instead of going to Forest, Caldwells diving header against Bristol City, giving the eventual winners Coventry the run-a-round in the Cup. Fine memories.

geoffwp

aaaahhhh the late 1980's: The 'Dudes' goal against Spurs, Dodging bricks at Bognor Regis Town when Pompey 'fans' decided to take on the Gulls instead of going to Forest, Caldwells diving header against Bristol City, giving the eventual winners Coventry the run-a-round in the Cup. Fine memories.
well googled cyril.

jmgull

No geoff.....he's a gull alright......my guess at his age would be 2 years older than me so he was born in World cup year.

TUFC in the 80's........:D what a decade of massive highs and lows, the Dave W*bb era.....Dean Mooney (o.g), Benny Laryea, Andy Best paying to play..........then the great Cyril with THAT side, big, mean and cynical full of great characters but bloody effective.

Ok, for you gulls on the BB top 4 favorite CF's in the last 30 years or so....

1.....Dave Caldwell (late 80's) - Red cards, brilliant goals, more Red cards.....zero self dicipline, great 80's hair cut.
2.....Steve Cooper (late 70's) - 5ft 9 but brilliant in the air..........scored plenty and the bravest, hardest striker i have ever seen at TUFC.
3.....Willie Brown (mid 70's) - Slightly overweight Jock........tough as old boots but looked more like a waiter than a footballer but boy a natural finisher......and that "knees up Willie Brown" song was great.
4.....Tim Sills - We were lucky to have him at his peak i reckon, regardless of what the greeks think of him, gulls fans know he was tremendous for us, fearless and a leader, he's a throwback in time......a "proper" center forward.