• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How old for first match?

ecfc01

Guys and Girls who have Kids

how old do you think your lil one should be or how old was he or she when you took them to there first match?

I have my lil girl tomorow due to my other half working but too you me thinks to take, she is a year :)

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
guys and girls who have kids

how old do you think your lil one should be or how old was he or she when you took them to there first match?

I have my lil girl tomorow due to my other half working but too you me thinks to take, she is a year :)

ecfc01

~Really ? 21 yrs blimey what a spoil sport

rich13

Took my partners boy to his first match the AFC Wimbeldon friendy, he is 7. Got a bit bored during the game in places. wouldnt think much younger as they will not watch the game.

Grecian_Jay

Depends on the kid. My little cousin wants to go and I will take him soon, but at the moment he has no attention span, he is 8 and loses interest in everything within 10 mins. He can't sit still in the cinema etc.

Yet you also see little kids 5 and 6 sat there enthralled by it.

grrrrr21

i took my sons first when they were 5 and 6, 5 year old loved it and is a season ticket holder and 17 now, whilst the older one never really got into it (but still considers himself a fan!). my nephew came at 7 and didn't like the noise one little bit whilst his brother is going for the first time tomorrow - 7 - and i am convinced he'll love it.

regarding taking a 1 year old i'd think the shouting, cheering and singing might be too much for them? maybe give it a go but be prepared to leave at the drop of a hat?

grecIAN Harris

I took Chloe first when she was four. Trouble with taking kids, especially if they want to come just for the sake of it, is that they always want something at the wrong moment like wanting to go to the toilet just as City get a penalty or they want something to eat or drink. And then you have to start minding your 'p's and q's' and be half watching them all the time when you want to devote your attention to whats going on on the pitch. If you decide to bring junior, I suggest getting a seat. It takes away the last element somewhat as you don't have to worry about them being sent flying if (surely I mean when) City score

CC

My lad was 4 and a bit when he went to his first game when he was a mascot. He was bored after about 15 minutes and didn't enjoy it. He's now 8 and went to the Ipswich game and really enjoyed it, wouldn't really think much point before 7 or 8, but as previously stated it depends on the child.
We sat btw - couldnt have 90+ minutes standing.

Last edited:

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
my nephew was six when he went to his first city game, was more interested in the lion than the football. 3 and a half years later he is city mad and has got his first season ticket this year

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
my nephew was six when he went to his first city game, was more interested in the lion than the football. 3 and a half years later he is city mad and has got his first season ticket this year
Exactly, he loves it, just as much as his mothers but hopefully not in the same way ;) if you take your girl I always recommend The Family Stand, OG, they have the family room which sells drinks, pies, pasties, and sweets alot cheaper than the food huts, and the atmosphere is good with the other kids around, better to go for Block A.