• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How many more....................

I think the clashes listed only considered the Premiership, there are also two cup competitions, one of which is a European thing. I believe Chiefs are home to Montpellier on FACR1 day. These games should be less of an impact though as if I recall correctly from Worcester Warriors last year the attendances for these games are about 60% of Prem games.
Like I stated excludes cup matches not drawn, the cheifs website lists the European tropny games, but was unsure of when the fa cup started.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Then there's the joint ventures mooted elsewhere - adverts in each other's programmes and the like, plus, as has been suggested on this thread, kids for a quid and various community ventures. Well yes, that's all well and good, but what if both clubs do this? As I've said before, you can't be in two places at once if the fixtures clash.
What this (promoting each other in match day programmes etc) may do, however, is encourage people to take an interest in both clubs so that, when fixtures don't clash, they are more likely to pay a visit to watch City if they are primarily a chiefs supporter, and visa versa.

Obviously you are right about this not helping the situation when fixtures clash, but it may well encourage higher crowds on other occasions for both clubs. Anything to encourage the 'floater' to take an interest in both clubs will help in some way, as it may prevent floaters becoming dedicated to either the Chiefs or City exclusively.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Obviously you are right about this not helping the situation when fixtures clash
Which was my point entirely.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations.

But the exercise itself wouldn't be entirely pointless. So we're all right.

Peace and love

xx

Poultice

If the people doing the numbers expected anything other than that, I'd be worried.
That would be the boys who "doubled" the playing budget ?

Poultice

Nay, I cannot into egg chasing.
You are Eric Cantona and I claim my five pounds.

You wouldn't understand rugby, it's a game where you have to front up without your D-Lock.

wrekin

Like I stated excludes cup matches not drawn, the cheifs website lists the European tropny games, but was unsure of when the fa cup started.
Yeah, I fecked up. Its home to Wasps in the domestic cup on that day. The Montpellier game is in October when we are at Walsall. Having looked at the cup fixtures I can't see any clashes unless we get that home draw in the FAC. So all in all not too bad as far as head to head clashes in Exeter go.