• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hospitality at the club

First time for me today.Respect to all involved and especially Andy G who went out of his way to make it a special day.I will defo go again(y).BTW, anyone else there today know the name of the ex Sheff Utd/Wed? and West Ham player who was in attendance.Friend of Sarfend director i believe.
The chap from Southend was Brain Dear. Nicknamed "Stag" he began his career at West Ham and made his debut against Wolves in 1962. He went on to make 69 league appearances for the club, scoring 33 goals. He was a member of the 1964/65 European Cup Winners' Cup winning side and as he said yesterday, holds the record for the quickest ever five goals in an English game: 20 minutes either side of half time in a home match against West Brom on 16th April 1965. After hanging up his boots and working as a publican for some years, he joined Southend as catering manger. He is a Freeman of the City of London.

MikeGrecian

Thanks for that.Thought poss Peter Eustace.

A Slacker

It is my 50th birthday today and I decided to celebrate with friends and family - 12 of us in total - by booking a hospitality package at yesterday's game. From the word go we were made to feel extremely welcome and I was made to feel very special as the birthday boy. Andy Gillard is an absolute star and did everything in his power to ensure that our group were well looked after. I was given the privilege of going onto the pitch with my son before the game and then selecting and presenting the MOM award. Our party was a a real mixture of committed City fans and some who had rarely or never been before. Everyone had a brilliant afternoon and all the personnel at the club who we came into contact with presented the club in the most positive light. It was a really memorable afternoon and if anyone is thinking about going into hospitality - go for it - you won't regret it. A big thank you to everyone at the club and to Christian Ribiero in particular for the memorable 92nd minute moment.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hospitality is one area where we put some larger clubs to shame...and well worth it..

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Had an email on Friday which I think said it was only £35 now. We might do this one game this season as it's not a huge amount extra to what it would cost to just sit in the WTS. Also would be keen to combine it with the ground tour.

Did hospitality once before when we were in league one. The match was disappointing but the rest of the day was good.

Last edited: