• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Homeowners 3 - Burglars 0

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tony Martin got a shedload of media coverage, as did those chaps a few months back.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah but Tone was a bit of a fruit loop which didn't help his cause one bit. Had he lived in a cul-de-sac with a wife and 2 kids, things would have panned out a bit differently for him.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Junkie/alcoholic has some money, now does he buy a gun, or snort something up his nose/or a bottle of yellow ****, to ease his/her cravings? Guess the gun will wait til their off their addiction!!

I too was given that advice by our friendly police sergeant, make sure you get 'em in the front, and not the back!!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
You break into my house, you die.

No sympathy for any thief or burglar. One less piece of scum on the streets.
Umm i have to say i personally agree with this. If you are breaking the law and someone acts in self defence or defence of there property then the law shouldnt protect the person breaking into someones house

Fareham Grecian

Umm i have to say i personally agree with this. If you are breaking the law and someone acts in self defence or defence of there property then the law shouldnt protect the person breaking into someones house
It doesn't. The law has always sided with the property owner. But there's a big difference between saying it's ok for people to defend themselves (which is clearly right) and RtP's view that anyone found in his house deserves to be murdered.

southamptongrecian

When I once told the police that I would kill anyone breaking into my house, the advice I was given was, when questioned tell then you was protecting your wife and family. If I told them I was protecting my property I would be done.

Poultice

When I once told the police that I would kill anyone breaking into my house, the advice I was given was, when questioned tell then you was protecting your wife and family. If I told them I was protecting my property I would be done.
Stick to the story that you didn't consider your actions and merely reacted because you were in fear for your life and the lives of your wife, daughter, son, cat, delete where approriate. Say that and nothing else.

Simples.

Red the Paper

Banned
It doesn't. The law has always sided with the property owner. But there's a big difference between saying it's ok for people to defend themselves (which is clearly right) and RtP's view that anyone found in his house deserves to be murdered.
If you re-read my post I do not mention murder or indeed anyone found in my house. I said "you break into my house, you die". Death can come in many forms.

I would rather be tried by 12 men than carried by 6. No time to ask questions. Burglars and thieves form no part of my life. Neither would ever be a friend, they are all scum and will never be welcome in my house. Others may hold them in high esteem, I am not that weak.

MikeGrecian

Fu**ers deserved all they got!If the homeowner is convicted[which i doubt]it will be a complete travesty of justice.I would defend my family and home with all means necessary to rid the earth of any assh*le stupid enough to break in.

LOG

I have nothing worth stealing.