• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Here is a thought!

Copernicus

If Argiggle do not make it to the end of the season, i.e. the staff walk out and the Administrator has no option but to pull the plug, the Football League will have to kick them out of L1. I don't know the regulations, but this has happened in the past and all the failed clubs results are "expunged"

So, I thought, what effect would that have on League 1 as it stands.....?

The result surpised me!

Here are the top 12 places:

Club, Current points, Points deduction, New Total

Brighton.........87...-6...81
Soton............74....0...74
Huddersfield....74...-3...71
Peterboro.......71...-3...68
MK franchise...68....0...68
Bournemuff.....63...-6...57
Rochdale........61...-4...57
Leyton Orient..60...-3...57
ECFC.............58....0...58 [y]
Colchester......57...-1...56
Brentford.......55....-6...49
Charlton........54....-4...50

We would move up to 5th, the last play-off place.

That would certainly rub some salt in their wounds [G]

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think it will happen though mate

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not forgetting that 5th is the penultimate playoff place.

Copernicus

I think there is a reasonable chance Argiggle will fold before they complete their fixtures, unfortunately, knowing our luck, as they will have completed 40+ games there will be some regulation that will allow the results and points gained/lost to stand.

Can't remember the team, Bradford Park Avenue, the original Accrington Stanley, but it has happened before and the completed fixtures results were "expunged" (I only remember because of that word :D)

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think there is a reasonable chance Argiggle will fold before they complete their fixtures,
Care for a small wager ?

FAN-TATIC

I think there is a reasonable chance Argiggle will fold before they complete their fixtures, unfortunately, knowing our luck, as they will have completed 40+ games there will be some regulation that will allow the results and points gained/lost to stand.

Can't remember the team, Bradford Park Avenue, the original Accrington Stanley, but it has happened before and the completed fixtures results were "expunged" (I only remember because of that word :D)
Unless the Administrator has been rash in his public announcements it won't happen as Brenda has already stated that "Plymouth Argyle will remain a Football League Club." In addition the players and admin staff have already signed Salary Deferral contracts until the end of April, which leaves just one game to play. Then they have most of the summer to find a buyer.

Last edited:

RyaanECFC

plymouth will not fold, i bet my bottom dollar.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Unless the Administrator has been rash in his public announcements it won't happen as Brenda has already stated that "Plymouth Argyle will remain a Football League Club." In addition the players and admin staff have already signed Salary Deferral contracts until the end of April, which leaves just one game to play. Then they have most of the summer to find a buyer.

The words "end of April" seem a tad optomistic !

Dont think the staff are being paid til the middle of June now ?

There has to be something done to the people in charge down there, How much longer is the threat of "stay or the club folds" or "work for nothing til we can afford to pay you" going to be held over the staff's heads ?
Seems likely that whoever actually buys the place will be looking at trying not to pay the staff anything owed to them (bring in a new set of employees), unless they are going to try and get away with paying them 10p in the £ Or was it all just a big bluff by the previous motley crew to hold onto their money for a bit longer