• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

henville

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw him walking around Tesco recently he looked like he did not have a friend in the world
That might say more about Tescos than it does about Troy.

If he hadn't cost a fee and if he wasn't in and out of the first team (I suppose if we had a bigger squad) I would suggest a loan spell with another club as the solution.

As others have said, the attributes are there but they may not be being effectively marshalled into a L1 standard CB. A change of approach may work wonders but we couldn't afford to let him go on loan.

This time last year I was hoping we would sign an experienced L1 CB, but we got Troy instead. I don't think we would recoup the money spent if he left this month, but given time and the right surroundings he could become the asset that Tis probably thought he would be by now.

Its a dilemma. For Troy's personal development a move might be the best option, but its City's position which is more important.

Number13

You will find his niche in the future as the deep lying of a midfield 3 with Noble and Sercs either side (once we lose Harley (ambition) and Dunne (homesick)).

He costs too many goals at centre half but has too many attributes to be let go.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
You will find his niche in the future as the deep lying of a midfield 3 with Noble and Sercs either side (once we lose Harley (ambition) and Dunne (homesick)).

He costs too many goals at centre half but has too many attributes to be let go.
Now that is a really interesting idea. At the moment I am not sure, though. Playing at the back he needs to be aware what is happening only in front of him. In what I like to think of as the Matt Gill role he would need to be aware of everything on the pitch, so that he can pull the strings effectively. That just doesn't sound like the Troywe know.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Troy , has everything needed to make it in the modern game...

pace , strentgh , build , height....problem is he switches off sometimes defensivly...i think sitting infront of the back four would be his best position , but that wont happen with citys mix of midfielders/formation.
Wot he said. Still plenty of time for the lad to come good.

Oh, and I have heard (3rd hand) that he absolutely loves it at City.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
That might say more about Tescos than it does about Troy.

If he hadn't cost a fee and if he wasn't in and out of the first team (I suppose if we had a bigger squad) I would suggest a loan spell with another club as the solution.

As others have said, the attributes are there but they may not be being effectively marshalled into a L1 standard CB. A change of approach may work wonders but we couldn't afford to let him go on loan.

This time last year I was hoping we would sign an experienced L1 CB, but we got Troy instead. I don't think we would recoup the money spent if he left this month, but given time and the right surroundings he could become the asset that Tis probably thought he would be by now.

Its a dilemma. For Troy's personal development a move might be the best option, but its City's position which is more important.
Nice location EX4, I take full credit for that!

GrecianWonder

Take it you don't get to watch City much. You should try it it's fun.
oh sorry i know almost every home game for nearly 10 years isnt enough for a 16 year old but what can you do.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
oh sorry i know almost every home game for nearly 10 years isnt enough for a 16 year old but what can you do.
You are a trooper. Just do me a favour, next time you go, try actually watching the game and watch Matty Taylor rather than bundling and pushing your mates into people on the BB.

Cheers.

GrecianWonder

You are a trooper. Just do me a favour, next time you go, try actually watching the game and watch Matty Taylor rather than bundling and pushing your mates into people on the BB.

Cheers.
ah cool. cos im 16 you assume i go to the big bank and mess about.

shame i get there at 1.30 to sell programmes and sit in the old grandstand.

Also if Taylor isnt a leader... why is he captain? and who is more of a leader in the squad? Watson? Golbourne?

ecfcnath

ah cool. cos im 16 you assume i go to the big bank and mess about.

shame i get there at 1.30 to sell programmes and sit in the old grandstand.

Also if Taylor isnt a leader... why is he captain? and who is more of a leader in the squad? Watson? Golbourne?
Worrying ! i sit here and think about who does all the talking out there and the only other motivator i can think of is Tully ? Anyone else spotted any natural leaders in the squad ?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
There aren't any that I can see. Matt is obviously the best, but that doesn't mean it's a forte...