• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

help with Grecianworld

flakey pasty

Can anyone help?
I've had great difficulty getting Grecianworld these last few weeks so I'm asking the IT lady at work to check my laptop has the correct software.
Does anyone know what software I need (eg Real Player 14 or whatever)?
I'm computer illiterate. Sorry.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I had to "upgrade" my Media Player (on my *new* laptop!), but it did this automatically.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grecian World only works with Windows Media Player (I think) so you need that installed and running. Otherwise there isn't too much that can go wrong, as long as you log in with your password and click on the right places on the web page. I've been having problems accessing the video in recent weeks (annoying, I want to have an opinion over the penalty decisions) but the audio has been fine.

old and grey

I also have trouble with the videos from time to time, and won't be renewing for next seaso, one way and another you can pick up highlightson tv.

eurogrecian

Another thing I found out is that it seems that Grecianworld only works on the computer on which you initially registered to become a subscriber.

At least, when I tried to listen to a UK Bank Holiday game at work one day and couldn't get a commentary, this is what their helpdesk (eventually!) told me.

fade1nout

Another thing I found out is that it seems that Grecianworld only works on the computer on which you initially registered to become a subscriber.

At least, when I tried to listen to a UK Bank Holiday game at work one day and couldn't get a commentary, this is what their helpdesk (eventually!) told me.
That's definitely not the case eurogrecian. Have listened to commentaries on two different computers at home, and in several internet cafe's in Britain and abroad.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Deffo not true. I listened to the Lincoln match at my Mum's and the Rochdale and Brentford one at mine - on the 3rd computer I have owned since signing up.

eurogrecian

That's definitely not the case eurogrecian. Have listened to commentaries on two different computers at home, and in several internet cafe's in Britain and abroad.
They told me that in writing the b3stards!
The help/support for GrecianWorld has always been poor mind. Sorry if I misled anybody.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where/who do we complain to about the current lack of video on GW?

flakey pasty

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
Happily I have just got it working. (I removed windows media player and then downloaded it again).
COME ON YOU REDS!!!