• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Help for a visiting fan...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not in my seat on saturday, I already said. I'm prawn sandwiching it instead.

Rosso Verde e Nero

Rosso for a pre match drink you are more than welcome to come into our social club called the Centre Spot before the game which is right behind the Flybe Stand which also serves Pies, Pasties and Sauasage Rolls and also shows whatever the live lunchtime match is on the big screen, failing that there is a marquee tent outside as well that serves drink and a burger van parked next to it but depending on the weather I should think most people will be inside.

For atmosphere you are best off coming onto the Big Bank terrace behind the goal as thats where us noisy buggers congregate, its £13 on the turnstile. If you choose to sit in the Flybe stand, make sure you sit in a seat not marked with the name 'Antony Moxey' on as he might get a bit upset......oh hi Ant did see you there mate! ;) :D
All good stuff - thanks for that, RWZ. Only one problem I can see with that plan - I bet the beer is woeful in the club? I'm sure I'll cope. [y]

If you see a forty-something bloke in a dark green coat on his own with Billy-No-Mates written invisibly on his forehead and a pint of bitter in his hand, that'll be me - say hello!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Beer on offer in the club isn't woeful - decent selection on offer, which makes a change!

Rosso Verde e Nero

Even better! And let's hope for a good tanking of Chester... you guys deserve something to smile about after this week.

Rosso Verde e Nero

Decent game, enjoyed my visit to St.James. That's a great terrace for the home fans (although I wouldn't have fancied standing at the away end - what's that all about?)

Your number 5 was top class, and Stansfield deserved the applause when he was substituted - never stopped running and causing problems. Mind you, when the No.11 came on he skinned the full-back down the left and drew a foul for a yellow, and then most attacks went down the right after that!?!

Terrible penalty, no point in just blasting it if it's near the keeper and at "saveable" height.

All in all, a decent game, as I said. Only one thing - your social club would look a lot better without that Linfield scarf on the wall!!! Nearly spilt my Tribute when I spotted that!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decent game, enjoyed my visit to St.James. That's a great terrace for the home fans (although I wouldn't have fancied standing at the away end - what's that all about?)

Your number 5 was top class, and Stansfield deserved the applause when he was substituted - never stopped running and causing problems. Mind you, when the No.11 came on he skinned the full-back down the left and drew a foul for a yellow, and then most attacks went down the right after that!?!

Terrible penalty, no point in just blasting it if it's near the keeper and at "saveable" height.

All in all, a decent game, as I said. Only one thing - your social club would look a lot better without that Linfield scarf on the wall!!! Nearly spilt my Tribute when I spotted that!
Did you meet IrishBrian?

Rosso Verde e Nero

Nope... Spoke to a few people, but no-one from the oul' sod.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
your social club would look a lot better without that Linfield scarf on the wall!!! Nearly spilt my Tribute when I spotted that!
Did you offer one yourself by way of redressing the balance?

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Very very interesting to read the views of someone not connected with ECFC. Can't disagree with any of it!

Rosso Verde e Nero

Did you offer one yourself by way of redressing the balance?
I would have, but I only had my 32-year-old GFC scarf around my neck, and that one's destined for my coffin!